Home Rig Q's
May 30, 2007 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

TurboRotaryFreak

Head-Fier
What is a decent desktop amp to go with the Lavry DA10? Do I really need one? Also are there different attributes to different upgrade cables (between Equinox, Zu Mobius, and Cardas cables) in terms of SQ? I mostly listen to rock music and am going to have my music on my internal HD in FLAC (if this makes a difference at all in your suggestions by giving you more of an insight).

Also, I use my PC for gaming as well as a my primary music source for listening at home. Once I hook up the DA10, will I be able to basically use that as my primary source for everything? Will I not need the sound card at all anymore?

Will I need to also buy a separate PSU for the DA10? I am spending a lot of time reading up on the DA10, and have come to find that thee HD650s sounds great powered by a DA10. I just want to know what else I should save up for.

Moreover, I have been trying to figrue out exactly what it is that the Transporter does. I had a great suggestion by someone that the DA10 with the Transporter. I forgot to ask him what the Trasporter actually does.

I'm sorry if I am asking questions which have already been answered, but if someone could point me in the right direction, it would make my day. I just can't wait till my entire collection is in FLAC. I have a few albums already in FLAC, and I can't listen to lower quality audio anymore. Yes even through just the Audigy 2 ZS.

I am so happy even with my current lame rig. Okay save the E500 and the TH and the HD650. Contemplating between the X5L, the 5.5g 80g iMod, and the Kenwood. Help in that area would be highly appreciated as well.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back