Home/Portable Cans, 350 USD, well rounded.
Apr 9, 2010 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Scott_Tarlow

1000+ Head-Fier
This summer I won a research grant, and in celebration of my stipend I will spend up to 350USD including shipping and tax and everything on a set of portable cans that can also be good for home use.

I listen to everything, Jazz, spoken word, rock, techno you name it i do it. Anyway, I like the sound of my silver recabled Custom TF10's, maybe want something a little different. I have had the ESW9's, and may choose to buy them again, but I was wondering what else you guys thought of. the P5's, Ultrasone 780's also look good. They don't need to isolate a lot, I just want a portable form factor. I want them to sound good straight from the DAP, even though I will be using a Pico Dac/Amp at home, and wouldn't be opposed to bringing the pico with me on some occasions.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #2 of 4
i'd also be very interested as to what people would recommend. I'm currently looking for something to replace my P5's. They're great headphones - good for portable use - small, not suffocating if you hang around your neck, decent sq, looks and feels very high-end. My only issue with it is i'm finding them too tight.

I think for that price point, there's hd25-II, denon 2000, esw9 and like you said, ultrasone 780. Now if there's only 1 place I can demo them all!

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you looking for closed or open cans in particular?

No, I am looking for anything that has portable form factor, that sounds good, that would benefit from a DAC/Amp, but can sound good from a DAP if i dont wanna use my IEMs. It can even leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back