Home Module Delays
May 3, 2008 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

xenithon

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys. I just wanted to ask how long the expected delay is for the Home modules. I placed an order for an amp with the Home module around a week ago and received an update a day later saying that there is a short delay so that amp would ship in 1-2 weeks. I followed up a couple days ago and the feedback I got was that it is around 4 weeks minimum
frown.gif

Please keep us posted on these delays (and the website updated to reflect these) - I am not really in a rush, but when placing the order and also a few days later it stated a certain ETA, and that ETA was then essentially doubled.

Cheers,
X

May 7, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys. I just wanted to ask how long the expected delay is for the Home modules. I placed an order for an amp with the Home module around a week ago and received an update a day later saying that there is a short delay so that amp would ship in 1-2 weeks. I followed up a couple days ago and the feedback I got was that it is around 4 weeks minimum
frown.gif

Please keep us posted on these delays (and the website updated to reflect these) - I am not really in a rush, but when placing the order and also a few days later it stated a certain ETA, and that ETA was then essentially doubled.

Cheers,
X

Very sorry about the bad timing, Xenithon. I believe we actually changed availability the day (or perhaps the day after) your order was placed so my apologies for any confusion on our part.
frown.gif

As of right now, it looks like the delay on the home modules remains at about 3 weeks from the date of this writing. The Balanced Desktops have been literally flying out the door and they account for the unexpectedly quick drain on those parts due to their double-module/double-DAC topology.

Thanks again for bearing with us; We're remain a small company striving hard to maintain accurate inventory at all times but, regrettably, parts availability sometimes exceeds our forecast predictions OR our procurement ability from suppliers... Sorry you got caught in the middle for a bit!

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

May 7, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #3 of 7
Hi Jorge,

I understand that reliance on 3rd parties / suppliers can be a kink in the chain....thanks for getting back with the info.

Unfortunately the delay means more time to dwell and ponder on options
tongue.gif
.....so I question I have....do you think that the stepped attenuator is worth the $199 premium over the Alps Blue Velvet?

May 7, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Jorge,

I understand that reliance on 3rd parties / suppliers can be a kink in the chain....thanks for getting back with the info.

Unfortunately the delay means more time to dwell and ponder on options
tongue.gif
.....so I question I have....do you think that the stepped attenuator is worth the $199 premium over the Alps Blue Velvet?

Thanks for your understanding, Xenithon ... I personally prefer the stepped volume pot ONLY for quiet low-level listening applications since its perfectly equal L/R response at every 'step' eliminates the slight low-volume imbalances present in continuously variable potentiometers. Otherwise, i hear no significant SQ improvement using the stepped attenuator versus the smooth-pot Alps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

May 7, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for the prompt reply Jorge. That settles is then - that $199 would be put to better use for new music
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back