Home-Made IEMs
Jun 28, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #15,421 of 15,989
so i wont need to cure it under n2 to not have an inhibition layer?
Honestly I have no idea, please kindly google it, I have no experience with any of their product. They have white paper on this I believe.

Just FYI generally speaking curing in glycerin should have the same effect on 3D printed parts as it would have on hand poured acrylic, so N2 technically is not 100% needed, but I think companies like Dreve or Detax won't guarantee bio-compatibility with glycerin cure.

Jun 28, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #15,422 of 15,989
Honestly I have no idea, please kindly google it, I have no experience with any of their product. They have white paper on this I believe.

Just FYI generally speaking curing in glycerin should have the same effect on 3D printed parts as it would have on hand poured acrylic, so N2 technically is not 100% needed, but I think companies like Dreve or Detax won't guarantee bio-compatibility with glycerin cure.
ah sorry for bothering you then, i just had trouble finding info regarding that

Jun 29, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #15,423 of 15,989
so i wont need to cure it under n2 to not have an inhibition layer?
We have tested that resin. From my experience with that resin if you rinse prints in alcohol to remove excess liquid resin you can cure it without N2. But if you want to cure shells only after for eg. centrifuging, the N2 protective atmosphere will be necessary to get the surface without a sticky inhibition layer. It is also worth mentioning (like @piotrus-g said), that Siraya tech resin will give you less consistent results and dimension/surface stability in comparison to way more expensive, but also a lot better resins from Dreve (like DLP.A)

Craft Ears Stay updated on Craft Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/craftears https://www.instagram.com/craft.ears/ https://www.craftears.com/
Jul 1, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #15,424 of 15,989
Do you think I'll eventually need some type of B&K HATS if I ever want to hit a target like this?
graph (22).png

Jul 4, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #15,429 of 15,989
PSA for those of us that purchase in small batch components. The last round of black and clear flush mount female 2-pin connectors I received from Aliexpress are INCREDIBLY sensitive to the iron. I typically use my solder at 360-365. Well within range of the Knowles recommendations. These pins will loosen considerably after a couple three taps at that temperature. Im trying to figure out a micro sized heat sync and will keep you posted. If you typically have .75 male pins… it might be high time to have some .78 pinned cables handy. Its heart breaking to see… 😂😂🥲🥲
As a rule of thumb I always solder the wires to the female jack with the cable plugged. It helps dissipate the heat and reduce the chances that in the long run, the female pins might get dislodged from the casing and pushed inside when the cable is inserted.

Also I reduce the heat to usually ~345 and sometimes lower just for that.

(Sorry for reviving that post lol. I am just keeping up with the thread after a while)

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #15,430 of 15,989
As a rule of thumb I always solder the wires to the female jack with the cable plugged. It helps dissipate the heat and reduce the chances that in the long run, the female pins might get dislodged from the casing and pushed inside when the cable is inserted.

Also I reduce the heat to usually ~345 and sometimes lower just for that.

(Sorry for reviving that post lol. I am just keeping up with the thread after a while)
Upon further digging, the solder needs to be reduced to sub 300C. The center of the connector can only withstand heat of UP TO 320C.

Jul 5, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #15,431 of 15,989
Anyone know where to buy metal vent like this?

Attachments

• IMG_20230705_221510.jpg
    IMG_20230705_221510.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
Jul 5, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #15,432 of 15,989
Upon further digging, the solder needs to be reduced to sub 300C. The center of the connector can only withstand heat of UP TO 320C.
Here's the thing, the lower the temp the longer you have to solder, you actually want higher temp and be faster with soldering.
Anyone know where to buy metal vent like this?
you could probably design one and send to local CNC shop or someone with lathe to make some, should be dirt cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back