Home-Made IEMs
Jun 21, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #15,392 of 15,989
So, you will never get the inhibition layer dissolved without curing in an oxygen free environment. Which, is what glycerine offers on the surface contact level. You will run into haziness and sometimes chalky interior surfaces that are not good to look at. Now, when glycerine is not around, you can always try plain water. Ive had variable results.

if its a faceplate, no big deal. Cure itnout, whipe with IPA then buff and lacquer. If we are talking interior of the full shell, there eill be issues.

Jun 23, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #15,397 of 15,989
So, I just watched a product introduction from JH Audio highlighting the soon to be released IEM micro-processor. he is calli g it, “Pearl”. It comes with both hardware and software. Essentially, you use a testing rig for your IEM while you make adjustments to each setting. It is actually a pretty intriguing device. You could, in conjunction with the Pearl, just connect all your drivers without crossovers or components, and shape the response through the software.

Jun 23, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #15,401 of 15,989
smh I'm blessed with full immunity to acrylic I handle resin with bare hands lol, never had any problem
smh I'm blessed with full immunity to acrylic I handle resin with bare hands lol, never had any problems.
2 things really get me: 1) the flexible resin from sarayatech causes an almost immediate reaction just by opening the bottle. 😂😂😂 2) airbrushing/ aerosolized UV Lacquer.

The biocompatible resins give me no issues. I get the Pro3dure PR-1 all over me like a kindergartener during arts and crafts. 🤣🤣🥴

Jun 23, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #15,404 of 15,989
It is a 38AP011GM/8a, if you check the pics. Maybe add mass to diaphragms (small needle with bondic?) and wire it as push/pull (moving in the same direction at the same time) and try to get some bone conduction action going on.

The FKs are loud and tiny, might do good as 4x parallel?

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #15,405 of 15,989
Can anyone identify what microphone he is using for measurements?
1111111.png
1111112.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back