Home-Made IEMs
Mar 2, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #13,697 of 15,989
Do many use the blue and red wax filters on their DIEMs? If so how do you mount them, I've seen a video where a small ring holder is glued onto the end of the tube but can't find anywhere that sells them.
blue????

plus those are not wax filter but sound dampers to tune sound by adding acoustic impedance to the pipe
and control tube resonances and amount of damping by adjusting its place in the tube

Mar 3, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #13,701 of 15,989
Has anyone a good way of cleaning the paraffin wax from the negative mould. I did not use agar agar, but silicon from trollfactory for it and was already able to clean most (95%) of the wax with some water. Is it a good idea to try hot or even boiling water? I dont want to ruin the form...

Mar 7, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #13,705 of 15,989
really? i have someone I made ciems tell me that their's work. from InEar prophile 8 tho.
I have the Cerustop bushings and the HF-4. Cerustop bushings look fantastic, but they fit into a #16 pvc receiver tube (2.16mm). The HF-4, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO INSTALL!!! LOLOL!!! Nick from Warnertech and I went ten rounds with those boogers to no avail. In their installation instructions they mention a "tool" to use that they neither market or sell. How every body else is installing them is anyone's guess. BTW, getting the cuff installed is no big deal. It's getting the tube through the cinch THEN plowing out the tube inside the sleeve without stripping the sleeve or breaking through the backside. I tried at least 50 times, and absolutely NOTHING made any sense. The HF-3 however, thats a different story all together. Those were pretty much a no-brainer to install. They were/ are considerably larger however. Those are probably the ones you're referencing.

Mar 7, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #13,706 of 15,989
Ear impressions can keep their shape for 2-3 months and often more but it depends on the quality and type of the silicone used. Some can hold their shape longer, some less. It also depends on the climate and humidity swings.

Why not use the current ciems as mold before breaking them? I would do that just plug the holes with blue tak and pour the colloid over like you would do over waxed and trimmed ear impressions. Also make yourself an extra pair of shells while at it for future work to use as molds.

Fotoplast is good for a year or more at least.
There are some silicones available now that can be used as both impression material and hearing aids. Essentially equivalent to platinum silicones in retaining form through their lifetime. However, for all things that are life, Biopor Extreme is a beast.

Mar 9, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #13,708 of 15,989
Can someone give me a schematic of the "new" MASM 7Z Circuit? @stephensynanta16 wrote:
"
Add 10 ohm before BZ6's zobel: Mmcx - 10ohm - zobel - BZ6
Leave RAB out of those extra resistor.
"
Considering this "default MASM 7 Circuit":
1646846444016.png

What is meant by adding a 10 Ohm resistor before the bellsing 10013? Just update the 25 Ohm resistor to 35 Ohm, or add an additional 10 Ohm resistor just before the Bellsing 10013 positive solder point like this: ?
1646846622949.png

Another question: Should I put all 3 bores of the Bellsing 10013 in one 5mm OD 3mm ID sound tube with a white and a green damper like this:
1646846808767.png

or should I go with this design from @dhruvmeena96:

"
Do BS6
TWFK grey damper@15mm (20mm lenght(2mm ID))
DTEC orange damper@10mm (20mm lenght(1mm ID))

Damper comes in small size so you can have small tube

And make RAB 30mm tube/2mm ID
Add resonator as it is
Dont change it
No damper

And use RAB32033
"

The other question: I want to use the dreve s/io fotoplast and want to make opaque white shells. Is this here fine to color the resin: https://www.ebay.com/itm/361395714212?var=630747153102&hash=item5424dcf8a4:g:7d4AAOSwEetWBJAO ?

Thank you very much

Mar 9, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #13,710 of 15,989
Has anyone a good way of cleaning the paraffin wax from the negative mould. I did not use agar agar, but silicon from trollfactory for it and was already able to clean most (95%) of the wax with some water. Is it a good idea to try hot or even boiling water? I dont want to ruin the form...
I use the same silicon...always used hot tap water to melt the wax. Never had problems with the silicone changing shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back