Home-Made IEMs
Feb 2, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #10,966 of 16,034
This translucent black by dreve looks opaque in any real world scenario. You have to back light it to even see that it’s a bit translucent. If you add the black lacquer from pro3dure you get a nice dark black with a silky finish - not as glossy as fotoplast black alone.
i don’t think you can get much blacker without a ton of experimentation, after all if it’s too dark it won’t let UV light pass and won’t cure properly.

Feb 3, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #10,967 of 16,034
This translucent black by dreve looks opaque in any real world scenario. You have to back light it to even see that it’s a bit translucent. If you add the black lacquer from pro3dure you get a nice dark black with a silky finish - not as glossy as fotoplast black alone.
i don’t think you can get much blacker without a ton of experimentation, after all if it’s too dark it won’t let UV light pass and won’t cure properly.
True that. I wasted a ton of resin because of that. Thanks for the info bud! Helps me a lot.

Feb 4, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #10,970 of 16,034
Can we use fotoplast on 3d printers? Haven't tried it.
Definitely not the clear ones, light bleeding would render every try useless.if there is pigmented fotoplast maybe. I don't know how much mW/cm² it needs to polymerise fotoplast. My guess is that you would at least need a DLP uv led system or a laser printer to make that happen. Clear or transparent resins for 3d printing need to have a light blocking agent in them to prevent overcuring. Most of the time a uv fluorescent substance is used.

Feb 4, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #10,973 of 16,034
I think of it cause now making a new curing chamber with 365nm leds this time... And thought you can get argon/CO2/nitrogen everywhere here for mig/tig welding, at the end of the day it's less messy than glycerine and faster... As I understand it you just need to make the airtight chamber with the gas entry for CO2 bottle and some sort of a valve I guess to let the oxygen go out of the box.
Trying to source some info rn, but all I find is how to make an euthanasia chamber, nasty stuff

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #10,974 of 16,034
IMG_plane.jpg

Hi guys, all this time I've been curing resin using a UV led nail lamp, and it's hard to make a photoflash, I don't know how much NM, and I want to make a UV chamber with 6 side lights with a timer module for photoflash, which is better 365nm / 395nm ? Considering that 365nm is more expensive than 395nm, is 365nm better for Uv resin?

Feb 4, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #10,975 of 16,034

Hi guys, all this time I've been curing resin using a UV led nail lamp, and it's hard to make a photoflash, I don't know how much NM, and I want to make a UV chamber with 6 side lights with a timer module for photoflash, which is better 365nm / 395nm ? Considering that 365nm is more expensive than 395nm, is 365nm better for Uv resin?
Hello, in theory you can use leds on some walls and on some walls just mirrors to reflect the light. 365nm is recomended for dreve fotoplast. I've tried to make shells with 395nm led strips for a long time, but it gave me uneven shells with holes sometimes. Frustrating. Personally i've just purcahsed 4 10w 365nm leds from ali, gotta see how it turns out.
But let's confirm with some pros here what is the optimal wavelegth.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #10,976 of 16,034
Hello, in theory you can use leds on some walls and on some walls just mirrors to reflect the light. 365nm is recomended for dreve fotoplast. I've tried to make shells with 395nm led strips for a long time, but it gave me uneven shells with holes sometimes. Frustrating. Personally i've just purcahsed 4 10w 365nm leds from ali, gotta see how it turns out.
But let's confirm with some pros here what is the optimal wavelegth.

Shopee_e49bdf91e503f467a41e1094a38c0fcb.jpg

4 seeds = $ 60.33 The price is the same as my salary for 1 week

Feb 4, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #10,978 of 16,034
IMG_plane.jpg
It depends on the photoinitiator used in the resin. 405nm and 365nm are common wavelengths. Some resins use more than one photoinitiator and can be cured with a wider band of wavelengths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back