Home-Made IEMs
Mar 24, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #6,271 of 15,989
Did you have a chance to compare the FR/sound with the faceplate on and off?

I am still curious how much of a difference (if any) it makes with the HODVTEC ports uncovered.

I couldn't notice a difference with faceplate off and faceplate on. I seal the nozzle thoroughly as well as ensure my faceplates are sealed so I wonder if the empty cavity is enough to absorb the extra sound pressure without it translating through the spout. It did not read different for me either, but I think I'm having an issue with my coupler and I need to calibrate it.

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #6,273 of 15,989
I couldn't notice a difference with faceplate off and faceplate on. I seal the nozzle thoroughly as well as ensure my faceplates are sealed so I wonder if the empty cavity is enough to absorb the extra sound pressure without it translating through the spout. It did not read different for me either, but I think I'm having an issue with my coupler and I need to calibrate it.

Interesting. Given my experience with adjusting cavity volume and port sizes with full-sized headphones, and the difference it makes with bass, etc, I would have thought there would be a difference.

The BAs and ports must be small enough that the cavity volume would have to be extra small (maybe just enough to hold the driver plus a bit) before it would start to affect output.

Thanks for checking.

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #6,274 of 15,989
Is there a very technical sparkle ba to add to my iem? In relation to soder I mean soder not stick to wire, it sticks to tip not to wire. I've cranked temperature to 450 and used the greaseptic. Sometimes wires doesn't take soder

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #6,275 of 15,989
Ok so I'm working on version 5..... I added a 0.47uf cap to the FK side of the TWFK in addition to the 0.82uf cap on the WBFK side, this has taken the highs down a notch more pleasing to the ear. I'm going to shell this pair up and compare it to my other set I finished up yesterday. Here is a pic.

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #6,280 of 15,989
what strength resistors do I need for sparkle ba and 32 ohm dap?

Mar 27, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #6,285 of 15,989
Has anyone tried those Estron BA drivers yet? They have been discussed serveral months ago: [@]http://www.head-fi.org/t/430688/home-made-iems/4725#post_12589235[/@]

Estron = Shenzhen Bellsing Acoustic right?

If yes I'm using their WBFK version, sounds identical to a knowles wbfk

Edit:
Oops looks like I'm using a bellsing BA and not estron one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back