Home-Made IEMs
Oct 10, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #5,372 of 15,989
Anyone knows where to source Sonion 26-E25 Accupass and/or E25ST002/D? That is appart from Colsanmicro since I understand there is a minimum order quantity with them, whereas I am interested only in a sample for testing and measurement. Thanks

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #5,374 of 15,989
Phew!

Spent the last few weeks working my way through the entirety of this thread.  I'm not sure what to do with all my spare time now!

Luckily, I've got some UV nail gel and other various sundry on the way.  I should probably reread the thread too.  Maybe I'll come to understand half of what's said.

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #5,378 of 15,989
i'm in rome,italy but i think that they ship all over the world,
 i don't want to advertise to anyone but' it is an aliexpress store that sells professional products that here in Italy only sell to professionals, so I think it is a good advice for us that we have this passion 8and sorry for my bad english :frowning2:

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #5,379 of 15,989
  I have found a UV resin on aliexpress it's better than lisa pavenka and costs less

Which resin did you locate? I'm curious as well! Also google taobao and see if it's available there as well. I know there are forwarding services for taobao called taobao agents that will froward stuff out of the country to you. I'm from the US and the Magic Glos is cheap, but I'd love to see what other options there are. That being said, I'll probably end up buying the real thing for my next attempt unless this proves to be a smashing success :D 

Also, has anyone located a reliable source for the Sonion 1723? I'm probably gonna build using that or with the Knowles GK-31732. I've found the 31732 at digikey and mouser, any other less expensive sources for them? Thanks guys and I'll be happy to share what I've learned as I go :)

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #5,380 of 15,989

Thanks to this fantastic resource I finished my first DIY IEM, just have the faceplate to add now. I went with the good advice for a GK first build. Separate 3mm sound tubes both 17mm long for TWFK and CI with a net 3mm of 1.3 x 2.0 tube to fit the GK spouts, so 20mm in all. After some listening, found a grey damper on the TWFK and brown on the CI to give very nice upper bass and mids with a slightly bright but very clear treble. I might damp down the TWFK a little more. Shells are Magic-Glos and seal well in the ears, the sound tubes are well sealed into the shells at their ends but temporarily, to allow damper changes.

The aspect that puzzles me is the lack of low bass. I understood the CI would 'shout down' the TWFK, whereas it's the other way around. Bass rolls off from 50Hz and is gone under 30Hz. Is this normal? I see that the TWFK is vented, should I seal the vent to prevent bass leaking back through it? Any pearls of wisdom from The Masters here?

Oct 11, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #5,381 of 15,989
hi,the name in aliexpress is Soundlink,the name of the uv resin is Nicefit,In this shop you can find knowles driver,,I take GK-31732 and GQ-30783 and i'll recive next week.....
my impression isthat the nicefit is' qualitatively better than the magic glos and catalyzes in  the 'half of time (3 minutes), I'm not an expert about resins  but I think the nicefit  is a professional  product (you can also note from the package) .I hope to be  helpful.
Have a nice day

Oct 11, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #5,382 of 15,989
Nicefit is something like Egger or Dreve in China used for CIEM and hearing aids. Seems like medical grade should be better than UV gel for nails. But I am still unsure delivery companies like DHL or any other accept liquid or gel. Even if seller says so it will be rejected. Most of taobao agents have this warnings on their websites.

Oct 11, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #5,384 of 15,989
i recived nicefit by dhl,about crossover not yet but  I am informing about it, and i dont  know who sells crossover, as
Regards the shells am using also another resin that is called Prochima, the difference with the uv and 'resin is that you have to work with the dremel to dig it  but the positives are that it costs much less and you will get good results, and you have tried to insert a crossover?

Oct 11, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #5,385 of 15,989
  Did you use any crossover?

Yes, just the standard RC crossover integrated with the Knowles GK-31732.  I shortened the tubes by 3mm & now run the CI undamped and there is a small improvement, it sounds pretty flat to 40Hz and I might have to settle for that.  Still, I wonder how to achieve the bass extension that appears to be possible.  Hard to measure these low frequencies without a lot of kit but this GK isn't subjectively as good as my old SE530 in that regard.  From the mid-bass up, the sound is exquisite though.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back