Home-Made IEMs
Jun 22, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #4,862 of 15,989
Hey guys.  Just thought I would show off a few sets I recently completed.  The Carbon Fibers are GK plus an extra CI and the Woody/Steampunks are CI + ED. 

Thank you all for the knowledge, inspiration, and patience.  

Jun 22, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #4,863 of 15,989
Hey guys.  Just thought I would show off a few sets I recently completed.  The Carbon Fibers are GK plus an extra CI and the Woody/Steampunks are CI + ED. 

Thank you all for the knowledge, inspiration, and patience.  

Those are beautiful!!!! Nice work, they look great and I'm sure they sound as good as they look!!! Loving the steampunk style faceplate!!!

Jun 22, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #4,864 of 15,989
  Nice vid, but what's the purpose of applying wax using a brush before dipping the impression?

I have no idea. Maybe he just wanted to rectify/add a thicker layer in those area.

Great work! I see you managed to make a 3 bore design. What tube diameter did you use? What did you use to drill 3 holes without the canal breaking or is it one big hole filled?

Jun 22, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #4,865 of 15,989
Thanks! I believe it is 1.6 or 1.8. Yes, I just dremmel out the business end as thin as I can without breaking it. Which has taken some trial and much error. Then, pour fotoplast down the tubes and cure it. Thanks for all your input! I tell people all the time that this thread is all the info you need to DIY CIEM!

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #4,867 of 15,989
Thanks! I believe it is 1.6 or 1.8. Yes, I just dremmel out the business end as thin as I can without breaking it. Which has taken some trial and much error. Then, pour fotoplast down the tubes and cure it. Thanks for all your input! I tell people all the time that this thread is all the info you need to DIY CIEM!

Looks great! Are you adding Laquer 3 to get such smooth finishes or have you perfected your investment making like Shilosjustice? 

Jun 24, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #4,868 of 15,989
  Looks great! Are you adding Laquer 3 to get such smooth finishes or have you perfected your investment making like Shilosjustice? 

Lacquer 3 has been my new best friend!  I am getting much better at acquiring that polished look using Shilos method, but Lac3 is just SO easy and clean that it is hard not to do.  Plus, it is very thin and goes on uniform, so you can gradually add on layers in order to get the perfect fit.

Thanks!

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #4,872 of 15,989
My desk is a big mess compared to yours, also I have monitors a and other stuff that take so much space...I need to clean it asap.
You have tons of mmcx female connector, Where did you got them?

Well my desk is a mess now, lol.

I get my connectors off of eBay, $35 for 100 count. I also prefer the round tip connectors instead of the oval surface mount ones.

MMCX Connector

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #4,873 of 15,989
Well my desk is a mess now, lol.

I get my connectors off of eBay, $35 for 100 count. I also prefer the round tip connectors instead of the oval surface mount ones.

MMCX Connector

Oh, a quick tip with the connectors I get - use flat edge snips to shorten or remove the legs. I typically trim 3 completely off and shorten the other 2 so they do not come into contact with the drivers in small shells.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #4,874 of 15,989
Many people do many things to relax after a long day, some play golf, some watch TV, some like to do nothing, I prefer to tinker...........

What a welcoming sight to come home to after a rough day at work.

This is where I plan on being for the next several hours.

That is my happy place as well.  We should all post pics of our workstations.  However, after seeing your, I am going to do some serious cleaning/organization.  :)

Thanks for the tip on the MMCX.  What is your source for Litz wire?  

Thanks

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #4,875 of 15,989
Here is some fruits of labor from last nights shell making party!!! I ended up with 6 sets, a couple universal sets, some different glitter sets and tested a few different colors.

Glitter Shells - Fotoplast with glitter mix, coat of Laquer 3.

Lime Green - Fotoplast mixed with Acrylic Ink, Buffed/Polished.

Red Shells - Red Fotoplast, Buffed/Polished

Users who are viewing this thread

Back