Home-Made IEMs
May 6, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #4,652 of 15,991
I finished up the UE900 reshell, figured I share some pics:

What is the blue buffing paste you are talking about?  I got some of the multi-colored sanding dremel discs, and I have a cloth buffing wheel on my bench grinder, but I still can't get that glass-like finish you seem to accomplish.  FYI - I found out the hard way that you need to remove the metal protective cover on your bench grinder when using a buffing wheel!  Disaster!

May 6, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #4,655 of 15,991
What is the blue buffing paste you are talking about?  I got some of the multi-colored sanding dremel discs, and I have a cloth buffing wheel on my bench grinder, but I still can't get that glass-like finish you seem to accomplish.  FYI - I found out the hard way that you need to remove the metal protective cover on your bench grinder when using a buffing wheel!  Disaster!

It's a wax compound that comes in a tube, it is specifically for buffing plastic I get it from Harbor Freight. I have had good luck with it. I can tell you there is a break-in period for your buffing wheel. Practice, testing technique, and patience will get you there I promise!

May 6, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #4,657 of 15,991
Thais my dream. TWENTY BA drivers per the ear! 
eek.gif

May 7, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #4,658 of 15,991
They responded to Sonion from, they can send 1-1 pcs of armatures:

$ 2 piece of 28UAP01 price of $ 84.50 and 2 piece of 38AJ007Mi / 8a 60.50 price.:xf_eek:
I'm happy because they are precisely the armature will be back to Angie that were in it. Thanks for the help!

Next week the shells come from the lab Microsonics ($ 50 a pair, wood faceplate and blue body) I asked him three pieces of 2mm hole. I will try my earphones Westone UM Pro50 drivers implanted in the shell. One deep (CI 22 995), one dual med and one dual high (both some twfk-swfk from Knowles) go to the three hole. But it is not clear how long to let the tubes (1.8 mm ID), because the high and med in Westone about 12-13 mm long and bass about 20 mm. But Angie was bass about 20-25 mm, mid of about 30-35 mm and high of about 50-55 mm.

Why is there such a difference?

I heard that the Freqphase system can build up ... maybe ...

High frequency travel faster than low frequency. JH audio use different tube length as a method for different frequency to reach your eardrum at the same time.

Regarding the drivers you purchased. The BA may look the same outside but sonion may customize them (internal) according to JH audio's requirement. Bass can be manually adjust from the cable. I believe it contain a variable resistor.

Any pic on the original wiring ? Do note that they maybe wired reverse polarity.

May 9, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #4,664 of 15,991
Colsanmicro are are announcing that this:

http://www.colsanmicro.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/ESC210C30017.pdf

is a TWFK equivalent here:

http://www.colsanmicro.com/applications/in-ear-monitors/

Who wants to try?
:)

http://szestron.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-802104544/ESC210C30017.html

We can have free samples.

May 9, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #4,665 of 15,991

Looks promising, TWFK for $10-20 definitely worth it!!! The TWFK was partly taken out of use by major companies due to the cost so this could certainly be another game changer for us DIY'ers!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back