Home-Made IEMs
Mar 23, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #3,511 of 15,989

An easy way to find a post with a picture is to click on any picture in this thread (but must be a picture that is not part of a quote), and then, when it has enlarged, click on the 'Gallery View' icon which will be visible above the enlarged picture. You can then browse all the pictures that have ever been posted in the thread, and when you click on one, to enlarge it, you will see, above the enlarged image, not just the 'Gallery View' icon, but also some text with a link to the original post within which that image was originally uploaded. So, just as an example, if I click on the Noble pic you posted, above, then I can see that it is Image 445 of 445 (from post #11437282).

BTW, there is also a 'Gallery' box in the upper righthand of many thread pages, but if, like me, you use an ad-blocker, that box may not be visible, in which case, the first option I described will still work.

Hope that makes sense.

Wow what a tip! I guess I dont have to look though 255 pages to find pictures now! Wow!

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #3,518 of 15,989
Some make hollow shells some make solid shells then mill them out. There is a 235 page guide right here we have all read it and you have to take what you can from it and make it your own. There isn't a step by step guide every one has there own take on it. It's a long learning process but it's fun and very rewarding in the end when you can hear what you created. Don't get discouraged from your first try I can guarantee it's not going to come out what you were hoping for. Every shell you make will look better and better and will sound better and better. It is a process you can not rush or cut corners.

Mar 24, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #3,522 of 15,989
Cranking them out 
blink.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #3,523 of 15,989
  Cranking them out 
blink.gif

It's awesome to see all finished works, looked at a couple yesterday and was thinking that a great idea for all aspiring pupils of this thread would be to share as much as possible of the builds. Such as:

* Pictures
* Mold/Shell materials
* Drivers
* Filters/caps/res.
* Tubing
* Cabling
* Connectors
* Sound signature
* etc...

... and everything else that makes it a custom build. That way it's easier to compare future builds. We could make some sort of template with all necessary info and tag it with a specific phrase to find it easier. 

Mar 25, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #3,525 of 15,989

Cranking them out 
blink.gif

It's awesome to see all finished works, looked at a couple yesterday and was thinking that a great idea for all aspiring pupils of this thread would be to share as much as possible of the builds. Such as:

* Pictures
* Mold/Shell materials
* Drivers
* Filters/caps/res.
* Tubing
* Cabling
* Connectors
* Sound signature
* etc...

... and everything else that makes it a custom build. That way it's easier to compare future builds. We could make some sort of template with all necessary info and tag it with a specific phrase to find it easier. 

Someone needs to make an instructable on how to do this. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back