Home-Made IEMs
Jan 3, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #14,701 of 16,074
given that the a12t uses the sonion 38 series, i figure thats good enough for me.
final line-up for my more or less end-game build
bass: sonion 38D1XJ007Mi/8a
mids: knowles fed-30048 (as long as my ety build works out ok next week, im gonna stick with this driver)
highs: knowles wbfk-30095
ultra-highs: knowles RAU-34832
tho thats about 200usd in just drivers alone, so im probs gonna wait on actually buying all that.
gonna stick the rau and wbfk in the nozzle. tia style. i will actually have to test with/without damping on those tho. the fed and 38D1X wont need it as they are both damped. gonna wait until they arrive (and the testing rig i wanna get) before creating the crossover tho. gonna try a 4 way, as i can easily get the pcb printed at jlc plus ive got a heatgun for reflow with smd parts. they are all gonna sit within the ear canal hopefully, tho i do need to get impressions done. maybe i could make something like the sb-7 for a universal(ish) design

Jan 3, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #14,702 of 16,074
How's the accuracy of the scaling? That's one of the things I was worried about back then.
It all depends on how accurately you scan the impressions. It's a bit difficult to get the right lighting and the scan software is still on the beta version but I managed to get pretty decent scans with ~0.1mm difference. Still on the way to get perfect scans though.

Jan 3, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #14,703 of 16,074
Jan 3, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #14,704 of 16,074
It's very useful as you can see kinda what sound signatures go with each configuration....now for the last bit..the graphs of most of these can be found at:

https://crinacle.com/graphs/
lol, im well aware of crins database. its great for tuning specifically. but doesnt provide much info outside of that. add to that the fact that you can probs tune the majority of driver arrangements to almost any target given enough time/effort/experimentation. honestly, his ranking list is more useful when it comes to choosing drivers. knowing the a12t has excellent (for BA) bass, is a better recommendation for specific drivers (sonion 38 series in this case), than simply seeing that it can be tuned to a specific fr imo

Jan 3, 2023 at 7:37 PM Post #14,709 of 16,074
I saw someone made triple driver using it 33aj007 and 2389 .
I just don’t know how wire the 33aj
on the Sonion website, they describe how to wire the drivers. A 33 with a 2389 is an awesome combo. But, it sounds like you are looking for something there is no concrete answer too. I could tell you “use a 20 Ω resister with a 33, 3mmOD at 12mm long and a 2389 with. 4.7 uf and. 3mmOD at 15mm long.

that set up will sound good to some, sibilant to others, etc. the drivers pair well together but to get what you want, you will have to test.

Jan 4, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #14,714 of 16,074
Hi everyone
Im looking for a recommendation for a low-budget 3D scanner and printer that does the job..
I prefer from AliExpress.. Amazon is also possible
youll want a resin printer. anything by anycubic or elegoo would be a good bet. you will also need a curing/wash station, so its best to get them as a set if you are a beginner imo. do some proper research into safely using resin printers as the uncured resin can be quite bad to breath or get on your skin.
absolute budget option for scanning is photogrammetry which you can use your phone. if you have access to a recent iphone, even better. they have lidar. otherwise you are probs gonna have to spend 500usd or more for a decent scanner like the revopoint ones.

Jan 4, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #14,715 of 16,074
youll want a resin printer. anything by anycubic or elegoo would be a good bet. you will also need a curing/wash station, so its best to get them as a set if you are a beginner imo. do some proper research into safely using resin printers as the uncured resin can be quite bad to breath or get on your skin.
absolute budget option for scanning is photogrammetry which you can use your phone. if you have access to a recent iphone, even better. they have lidar. otherwise you are probs gonna have to spend 500usd or more for a decent scanner like the revopoint ones.
I've been happy with my Elegoo Mars 3 resin printer but it wouldn't surprise me if the others are very similar. The mechanics are all very basic. When it comes to printing iems with very thin tubes I found that some resins can be very problematic. Thick ones especially.

I haven't got a wash and cure but did think about it a number of times. Do you find it helpful? I'm short of space so it seemed wasteful for me. I wash things in a small jar of IPA and shake it a few times and that seems fine. For small details like tubes I squirt IPA through to clear out the uncured resin.

Talking of which, for me 99% IPA is now a problem for my hands. My hands used to be pretty durable but now even minor exposure to 99% IPA causes them to dry up and crack nastily. I've started using the Anycubic Plant Based resins which is non-toxic and runny so works well for me, even with thin layers and small details

Users who are viewing this thread

• Ales
Back