Home-Made IEMs
Oct 26, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #11,761 of 16,014
Oh! I havent really tried using L pad, have been reducing spl with only resistor but it somehow flattens the low which is not a good thing in my case. I shall look into it!
Out of curiosity, what diameter tube are you using? You can increase bass response/limit HF by going to a smaller diameter...say 1MM or 1.5M vs the 2MM standard.

Oct 27, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #11,765 of 16,014
What does this means? I am confused. Does that means that using a longer tube for bass driver shouldn't affect the phase?
Well it does effect phase, it just doesn´t effect it very much. Imagine a sine wave at 150Hz. You want to avoid that the peak of one driver and the valley of another driver overlap and create interference cancellaction. Lets say each driver puts out its signal in perfect phase aligment just the tube length will differ. In order to create total interferance cancellation you would have to attach a tube of half of the wavelength so in this case around 114cm. What i want to say is that the longer the wavelength is the more negligible the tube length becomes for phase aligment.

Oct 27, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #11,766 of 16,014
Well it does effect phase, it just doesn´t effect it very much. Imagine a sine wave at 150Hz. You want to avoid that the peak of one driver and the valley of another driver overlap and create interference cancellaction. Lets say each driver puts out its signal in perfect phase aligment just the tube length will differ. In order to create total interferance cancellation you would have to attach a tube of half of the wavelength so in this case around 114cm. What i want to say is that the longer the wavelength is the more negligible the tube length becomes for phase aligment.
I see! Besides phase cancellation, what else does a good phase alignment do? I see big company like JH always make sure their phase alignments are close to perfect, even to the point of not caring much about the tube resonance(tweeter having 2 times the length of woofer).

Oct 27, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #11,767 of 16,014
I see! Besides phase cancellation, what else does a good phase alignment do? I see big company like JH always make sure their phase alignments are close to perfect, even to the point of not caring much about the tube resonance(tweeter having 2 times the length of woofer).
Nothing really, good phase aligment does exactly that: Avoiding cancellation...

Oct 28, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #11,771 of 16,014
@foxfoxfox do ask any question. Would be glad to help you out

You have been liking my post which feels weird. Hahahhahahaha
Hello Mr. dhruvmeena96,

Haha cool that you're wondering 🤣
The reason is:
My Knowles GV bass driver dies after few minutes of music, but recovers after few minutes of no music.
Similar problem to eunice.
Did anyone find an explanation for dying Knowles GV bass?
In this forum, you mentioned some reasons for that GV bass death (e.g., pressurization issues), which i liked.
(I also liked posts where something is summarized up or explained for noobs.)
Therefore I'm looking for new recipes (mainly from your kitchen 😉).
I plan to build Finale 2.

And maybe use a different HODVTEC of the broken GV.

Has anyone tried something with Knowles GU? With added tweeter for > 4kHz?

Oct 28, 2020 at 11:49 PM Post #11,772 of 16,014
Hello everyone, anyone know where I can find sonion e25 series of super tweeter?
I searched everywhere but I couldn't find one, the only one on taobao has only a stock.
Reason I am looking for it is because it is arguably best super tweeter(?), and i really like sonion's sound when compared to knowles.

Oct 29, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #11,773 of 16,014
Hello Mr. dhruvmeena96,

Haha cool that you're wondering 🤣
The reason is:
My Knowles GV bass driver dies after few minutes of music, but recovers after few minutes of no music.
Similar problem to eunice.
Did anyone find an explanation for dying Knowles GV bass?
In this forum, you mentioned some reasons for that GV bass death (e.g., pressurization issues), which i liked.
(I also liked posts where something is summarized up or explained for noobs.)
Therefore I'm looking for new recipes (mainly from your kitchen 😉).
I plan to build Finale 2.

And maybe use a different HODVTEC of the broken GV.

Has anyone tried something with Knowles GU? With added tweeter for > 4kHz?
Try making Final 2

Every penny worth
If properly executed

GV and GK are not that great compared to self build iem

Oct 30, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #11,774 of 16,014
Hi guys. I hope to write in the right place... I'm pretty new here but have been trying to make custom ear molds for a few months now. I learned a lot from your tips and posts and thank you all for that! You are great ! I have one question ... Has anyone tried to put SHURE 215, 315, 425 and 535 drivers into custom molds ? I tried first with a simple 215 and of course after a tube of 2mm and a length longer than 15mm, the sound changes. Everything is very prominent in the range from 800hz to 2 kh. Does anyone have any experience and advice on how to extract the original sound from SE215?
Thanks in advance :)

Oct 30, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #11,775 of 16,014
I look at the beautiful Empire Ears Odin and ItsfitLab Fusion headphones but I do not know how they make such beautiful faceplate?

Empire Ears Odin.jpg
ItsfitLab Fusion.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back