Home-Made IEMs
Sep 1, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #9,948 of 16,024
I use Loon Clear Fly Finish for almost everything: MMCX connectors, tubes to BAs, BAs to shells, tubes to shell, sealing resistors and capacitors, everything! It cures quickly, it's not sticky at all after curing. Comes in Thick, Thin and Flow. It is the best product I have tested so far...

which type do you use? I see there are 3 variants of them

Sep 1, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #9,949 of 16,024
which type do you use? I see there are 3 variants of them
I find «Thin» to be the most useful. “Thick” is good if you want to build a thick layer. When I seal the tubes in the shell, I use “thin” around the tubes from the outside (before I cut them flush.) Then I use “flow” on the inside to fill up a small part of the cavity (not too much) no air leeks!

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #9,950 of 16,024
C6D6B3E5-B48C-4E79-8952-86F6D5A2DA33.jpeg 60DD8F9C-D4EB-4264-8187-1C6F8E060C00.jpeg
Wonderful. Thanks for the tipps. I stopped making faceplates like this to save on resin and because one side wasn’t flat. With your method that might work.

Here’s the result of making faceplates with the method I described. Both sides are super shiny and perfectly flat.

Sep 1, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #9,952 of 16,024
Knowles Corporation as whole is 74years old. Even there child company Audience is 19years old which is still way to old compared to Bellsing.
Knowles created ED-9689 and a CI(pacemaker) in 1988.

I dont see Bellsing and their supporters winning here though. And as we all know, Knowles was silent for a pretty long period of time... Dont you think... Till the point when bellsing was not getting in its own zone of partners.

Its all USA vs China going on nowadays

Just sit back and enjoy...

Plus , BA are going to be slightly cheaper from November. (A hearing aid maker told me)

In my opinion this is a bit of a precedent, because IEM world was a bit of a friendly land and for so many years it was immune to sad men in suits. Now we have money and politics.

I don't know what to think about it, I'm a tiny pirate and I like pirates going their own way. I am a fan of Bellsing because I know their products and they make my dreams come true (at a lower price) :stuck_out_tongue:

Sep 1, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #9,953 of 16,024
5C8BBA31-51DC-4223-8881-CC7989B30B7B.jpeg I’d really like to make two ear impressions at the same time as I’m really busy with work and kids. My DIY UV chamber only takes one. Does anyone have experience with cambers able to expose two impressions simultaneously? Sound link has one.
But would it be consistent? In the video in the description the guy is putting 4 impressions in the chamber.... has anyone used this particular chamber?

Sep 1, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #9,954 of 16,024
In my opinion this is a bit of a precedent, because IEM world was a bit of a friendly land and for so many years it was immune to sad men in suits. Now we have money and politics.

I don't know what to think about it, I'm a tiny pirate and I like pirates going their own way. I am a fan of Bellsing because I know their products and they make my dreams come true (at a lower price) :stuck_out_tongue:
I would say BS5 and BS6 only

Other drivers were not good

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #9,957 of 16,024
To put logos on the faceplate I put the logo on, then I put some fotoplast (clear) on a glass plate and place the faceplate (logo down) on the clear fotoplast. I then expose it a third time.

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #9,958 of 16,024
Which one is which build

They all look really nice bro

Keep it up

(If I knew how to make shell properly......dammm....I am so bad at shells)

Astro boy (white faceplates, black body) is RAB-p.
DC is MASM3.
Red is MASM6.
Ben (Blue and black faceplates) is simple dinmic driver.

Very nice! Which one is your favourite?

By the way how do you add writing or pictures to the faceplate? Picture, sketch is probably printed on the paper, right? But how about transparent writing on the red one?

One trick is to use an old inkjet printer with a cd/dvd printing slot. If you put inkaid on the faceplate the ink will stick to it. Never tried it though.

That is exactly the method I use. The transparent writing is simply printing white letters on red background, inkjet printer doesn't have white ink but since it assumes you are printing on white paper it simple leaves the white spaces empty. This way direct inkjet printing will appear transparent when printing white directly on acrylic,

Sep 2, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #9,959 of 16,024
Astro boy (white faceplates, black body) is RAB-p.
DC is MASM3.
Red is MASM6.
Ben (Blue and black faceplates) is simple dinmic driver.

That is exactly the method I use. The transparent writing is simply printing white letters on red background, inkjet printer doesn't have white ink but since it assumes you are printing on white paper it simple leaves the white spaces empty. This way direct inkjet printing will appear transparent when printing white directly on acrylic,

MASM 6 = BS5 + RAB

Hmm, how was the sound???

Sep 3, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #9,960 of 16,024
well, i have to share something
not related to iem

but we made indian's proud
but i still hate the maths and science, even though i am a scholar and it is indian DNA

1st. Axpona 2019 Best Sound Audiophile Loudspeaker went to Rethm Audio Maarga v2 from India. Some people said that it may be the best sounding speaker period. And the funniest thing is that its a single driver loudspeaker.

2nd. Kaldas Research Conquest RR1 electrostatic headphone might be the cheapest electrostatic headphone which has a reference tuning for studio purpose and has the least distortion recorded....period

i think i have to get down with some serious IEM designs now

lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back