Home-Made IEMs
May 16, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #16,036 of 16,078
This is my 4 drivers that i told you guys , i just finished today:)

Attachments

• IMG_8031.jpeg
    IMG_8031.jpeg
    672.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8008.jpeg
    IMG_8008.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8019.jpeg
    IMG_8019.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8015.jpeg
    IMG_8015.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
May 17, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #16,043 of 16,078
OK wow. What you guys are doing in this thread is amazing. Many kudos!

I want to try something, but not something as sophisticated as what you guys are doing. I have the 3D scan of my ears:

1715956670388.png

I want to create custom eartips for the rest of my IEM. I can get the IEM scanned...later, for the time being I'm interested in knowing how I can turn the .stl files into working models I can use in Inventor. I'm a decent 3D cad modeller, but this non-parametric stuff is a little bit beyond me.

The eartips that I have work just fine, I just want to play around to fit the IEMs in 3D version of my ears.

Thank you in advance.

May 17, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #16,045 of 16,078
Hey guys,
I have an issue with my desing for my IEMs . For some reason I don't have any bass with this design (the red line is the dd that I want to use it for bass). I know that I need to add and dumper but for some reason the bass without anything is mushy. There my be a problem with the dd?
Tubes diameter is 2 mm(I think I will make them 2.1 to allow me to add dumpers)
Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong?
1713018164745.png1713018154766.png
Which software are you using for the design? Both for the shell and the component fitting?

May 17, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #16,046 of 16,078
O don't think I will buy something that expensive for a project that is for myself only. But is good to know for feature if I want to make another pair of IEM's. Maybe that time I will choose better drivers and get more info regarding the drivers
I've got a few of the iSemCon EMX measurement mics and their calibrator. They are really good, I use them for large-scale concert measurements everyday. Definitely worth the price.
However, you want a good alternative you could look at the Rational Acoustics RTA-420. They come in two variants with and without calibration file. Quite inexpensive starting at $99.

https://www.rationalacoustics.com/products/ra-rta-420

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #16,048 of 16,078
I've got a few of the iSemCon EMX measurement mics and their calibrator. They are really good, I use them for large-scale concert measurements everyday. Definitely worth the price.
However, you want a good alternative you could look at the Rational Acoustics RTA-420. They come in two variants with and without calibration file. Quite inexpensive starting at $99.

https://www.rationalacoustics.com/products/ra-rta-420
I managed to make my CIEMs have low freq(at last). The issue was that at the low freq instead going in the ear it was escaping on the other tubes that are for the EST and BA's(didn't research why is this happening and how I can fix this bit it is a big possibility that is from the tube dimensions). The fix was to add dampers to both EST and BA's(the smallest one for the EST (gray or white one) and some green one for the BA's).
My measurement mic was reading the freq ok, the problem was/is from the design itself .

May 17, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #16,050 of 16,078
I managed to make my CIEMs have low freq(at last). The issue was that at the low freq instead going in the ear it was escaping on the other tubes that are for the EST and BA's(didn't research why is this happening and how I can fix this bit it is a big possibility that is from the tube dimensions). The fix was to add dampers to both EST and BA's(the smallest one for the EST (gray or white one) and some green one for the BA's).
My measurement mic was reading the freq ok, the problem was/is from the design itself .
It would mean that the tubing was not fully sealed to the driver or the tubing wasnt fully glued to the sound bore or there was a hole in the tubing or, if you are printing tubes, there wasnt good integrity of the tubing through out the shell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back