Home equipment
Sep 26, 2017 at 3:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AlbertoSoares

New Head-Fier
Hello, I used to listen my music mainly on my DAP from A&K but I'd like now to have the experience with a fixed equipment at home.

Just purchased from Head-Fi a pair of Hifiman HE500 and now would like to buy the necessary equipment for listening at home, mainly CD's.

Can anyone advise me of a combination that can work well to have a nice experience at home without being extremely expensive? For now mainly to use with headphones.

Thanks for all the help
Regards
Alberto

Sep 26, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #2 of 9
Sep 26, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #3 of 9
You can always go with Magni 3 and Modi 2. Small enough to fit on a desk and insane amount of power for the price. Hands down best value for $200

Sep 26, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #4 of 9
Just looking for some Dac reccomendations. Preferably under $200

Hello, I used to listen my music mainly on my DAP from A&K but I'd like now to have the experience with a fixed equipment at home.

Just purchased from Head-Fi a pair of Hifiman HE500 and now would like to buy the necessary equipment for listening at home, mainly CD's.

Can anyone advise me of a combination that can work well to have a nice experience at home without being extremely expensive? For now mainly to use with headphones.

Meier Corda DACcord FF and Classic FF

Violectric V200

Sep 26, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #5 of 9
Meier Corda DACcord FF and Classic FF

Violectric V200

+1 if its within your budget @AlbertoSoares, the v200 is a really nice amp over the also highly recommended Magni 3 if you like a warm, lush sound signature. It'll drive almost any headphone. I haven't heard the Magni 3 but if it shares the same house sound as other Schiit gear it will have a cooler overall tonality.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #7 of 9
Are the cd's being played thru a CD player or computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back