Home Entertainment Show? (Melbourne, Australia)
Mar 26, 2006 at 5:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tasty

Head-Fier
http://www.hiahomeideasshow.com.au/technology.htm

Hmmm, I hope I'm in the right forum.

Just came across this link while doing some random surfing around. Any Aussies happen to know about this exhibition and whether it's worth the visit? The site claims:

--
See the latest technology, innovations & developments in home entertainment, including:

Home Theatre
Hi-Fi
DVD players & discs
Speakers
Amplifiers
Sound Systems
Turntables
Computers & Computer Products
Rear Projection Televisions
Flat Screen Televisions
Video Projectors
Car Audio
Telecommunications
Plus much more!
--

... but the exhibitor's list doesn't seem to confirm any of the usual suspects when it comes to headphones.

Any ideas?

Mar 26, 2006 at 7:39 AM Post #2 of 3
Hey hey hey, in my experience with last year's show, it was pretty good when it came to speakers. In terms of headphones, they didnt have much or maybe none. The event was split into sections, the audiophile systems were on the top floor. Home cinema and entertainment were at the front gate. In my memory, the whole entertainment section was only 1/3 of the show. It would be a good exhibition if you are going for home ideas in conjunction with some home entertainment. If you are going mainly for the audiophile experience especially headphones in your consideration, it wouldnt be worth every cent. There were valve amps, power amps, mono blocks, osbourne speakers, whatmough speakers and many audiophile Australian brands. And yes, i saw Bose with their seperate room.

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the heads up Ericx!

I guess it'll be a decent enough break from the law essays I'll be sweating over. A little disappointing that it didn't cater to the headphone audience... but then again, I don't recall there being much love for this niche in Melbourne at all. Maybe it's time to go audition some good speakers though
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back