Home cinema 5.1 issue with playing mysic, check it :)
Jul 1, 2010 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

soyama

Head-Fier
Hello guys.

Been a while since I've been on here. Got abit annoyed with all the people who can never keep to one opinion about the same items and kinda dropped off checking for a while.

Been checking randomly though trying to keep up with whats happening! :)

Anyhow, I recently purchased myself a cheap home-cinema set, to be used with my computer for audio-listening, movie playback, youtube etc..
http://www.lg.com/ie/tv-audio-video/home-cinema/LG-HB954PB.jsp this is the one, nothing grand, but not too bad I guess.

I want something more solid when I get a bigger place, for now this is ok.

However, I'm not too familiar with all these speaker-terms etc.. but one assume that when you get a 5.1 system, you can get music out of all 6. Am I mistaken here?
When I play music from my computer, (I use optical between source and soundsystem.) I will only manage to get audio out from the sub, the center speaker and the 2 frontspeakers.

I have tried setting my computer to 5.1 DTS, playing movies etc also produce very bad audio, mostly sub/center speakers putting out.
The rear speakers play some audio, though significantly lowered, and not the whole specter it seems..

Should I use stereo on my computers audiocard control panel? instead of 5.1? Would that make all speakers play music? I now realize I actually havent tested that properly,

Settings on my soundsystem doesn't improve much either way I do it.

If I understood correctly, most music is recorded and processed in a stereo-format, this is correct?

I also had another system before this, on this one I managed to get all speakers to play, somewhat decently.

I like it when the music comes from all around me, can just lie down and relax :D

So I guess my question is; 5.1 systems are crap for music? I should put my computer on "stereo settings" to get music played out properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back