Home Amp for HD595 - Budget $100
Dec 24, 2006 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Razoramus

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I'm looking for an amp to go between my Chaintech AV-710 line out and my HD595s. I was considering the LDM+ and Go-Vibe 5 but didn't know if there were better options in non-portable amps. I would like the amp to open the soundstage up a bit more and give the lower end some tight snap for faster music, but be transparent otherwise and not color the sound. I'm looking to spend around $100, please let me know if you know of any good non-portable amps in this price range that will best the LDM+ and GV5. Thanks!

Razor

Dec 25, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #3 of 6
I mean AC powered straight from the wall. I guess a better question would be if there is a better amp than the GV5 in the same price range including power adapter (up to $150) which doesn't need to be portable. I think the LDM+ is the best value for cheap amps since it's only $70 shipped while the GV5 is better but costs upwards of $120 with the Elpac power supply.

Dec 25, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 6
anyone?

Dec 25, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razoramus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone, I'm looking for an amp to go between my Chaintech AV-710 line out and my HD595s. I was considering the LDM+ and Go-Vibe 5 but didn't know if there were better options in non-portable amps. I would like the amp to open the soundstage up a bit more and give the lower end some tight snap for faster music, but be transparent otherwise and not color the sound. I'm looking to spend around $100, please let me know if you know of any good non-portable amps in this price range that will best the LDM+ and GV5. Thanks!

Razor

PIMETA from kin0kin or some other members. They are derived from the PPA v2 and are a transportable amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back