Home amp for 580s under $300
Sep 6, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mahlerfan
Well if I want to buy (which I do) a headphone amp for under $300 to use with my Sennheiser 580s at home-- what would you rec?

This question has been asked a number of times and one recommendation thats always made is the Headamp Gilmore Lite. This amp is powerful enough to drive the senns well, sounds excellent.... with a very neutral, transparent character, has an exemplary build quality, has a nice loop out feature, small size for easy placement, is upgradeable and finally the cost is $299 matching your budget limit.
wink.gif

www.headamp.com

Sep 6, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #3 of 10
I have the 580's and a MisterX built PPA. The PPA is a superb amp. There are a lot of builders out there, commercial and private. Shop around for the price and options you like. The PPA is hard to beat (IMO)

Sep 6, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #5 of 10
lite_front_large.jpg

You can find one on these forums used usually once a week

Sep 7, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #6 of 10
I also own 580's, and within the last few weeks have been looking at upgrading my amp. From reading quite a few reviews, i decided on the M3 from MisterX.
Depending on what options you go for with the M3, it should fall within your budget.

Sep 7, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #7 of 10
I would recommend the M^3 or Headroom Gilmore Lite.

They both work exceptionally well.

If you want warmth and soundstage, go with the M^3. If you want speed and transparency, go with the Gilmore Lite.

That is my experience.

-Matt

Sep 7, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 10
Alright when I have the cash I will buy the Gilmore Lite.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the replies, I know from other forums how much it can suck to answer the same questions over and over. So I greatly appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back