HOLY CRAP I think I'm the luckiest person ever right now!
Nov 3, 2007 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

goldenratiophi

Headphoneus Supremus
This is what GEMM has to say about the Source Tags & Codes LP:

http://www1.gemm.com/item/AND--YOU--...GML1414103933/

"ULTRA, BEYOND BELIEF RARE, OUT OF PRINT - ON VINYL, STILL WRAPPED, FIRST RELEASE, ONLY ONE ON THE INTERNET!"

Price: $274.98

This is what I have to say about Source Tags & Codes:

Price at a local used records store: $10.

It's pristine, except it has a skip in "How Near How Far". I'm keeping it though, for obvious reasons.

But... holy crap! I've been trying to track down a reasonably-priced copy for months. Then I gave up and downloaded it from Amazon, and two weeks later I finally get lucky!

Nov 3, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's pristine, except it has a skip in "How Near How Far". I'm keeping it though, for obvious reasons.

But... holy crap! I've been trying to track down a reasonably-priced copy for months. Then I gave up and downloaded it from Amazon, and two weeks later I finally get lucky!

congrats, i absolutely love that album cover with the whole shroud vibe.

Nov 3, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congrats, i absolutely love that album cover with the whole shroud vibe.

Yeah, I didn't think much of the album cover until today when I realized that there's a face on it
tongue.gif

Still a BRILLIANT record. I'm gonna call up Audiocraft tomorrow to see if they have a record cleaning machine. Hopefully the skip is just something stuck in a grove that can be cleaned out...

Nov 4, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Not usually, but I think this about makes up for the fact that I missed the Zaireeka party last week
smily_headphones1.gif

North Ridgeville??

What was the store?

Where was this Zaireeka party?

I've always wanted to have a Zaireeka party..

-jar

Nov 4, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=x-large]GOOD STUFF![/size]

lol...What is it with you and your 1-3 word posts. You have "Good Stuff!!!" On like 4 threads. No wonder you have a near 14K post count....

Nov 4, 2007 at 6:02 AM Post #9 of 19
Nice score. Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonjar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
North Ridgeville??

What was the store?

Where was this Zaireeka party?

I've always wanted to have a Zaireeka party..

-jar

This store is called "The Exchange." They've got a lot of new (as in not used) stuff, but rarely new vinyl. It's located at 4725 Great Northern Blvd, North Olmsted

The Zaireeka party was at Music Saves (http://www.musicsaves.com/). Unfortunately I live over a half hour away and couldn't find anybody to give me a ride.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=x-large]GOOD STUFF![/size]

^never mind him. He's just raging.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

This store is called "The Exchange." They've got a lot of new (as in not used) stuff, but rarely new vinyl. It's located at 4725 Great Northern Blvd, North Olmsted

The Zaireeka party was at Music Saves (http://www.musicsaves.com/). Unfortunately I live over a half hour away and couldn't find anybody to give me a ride.

OMG A Place to Bury Strangers is coming. I don't know if I can miss that one. I'm in Parma in case you didn't notice. I haven't been in an "Exchange" in a while.. back when I was in college (right around the time you were born), we frequented "The Record Exchange" in Coventry in Cleveland Heights. Somewhere along the way, it became "CD Game Exchange" and now, apparently, it's just "The Exchange" - I can't count how many cds I've bought from them over the years. You'll get a kick out of this.. at one point, in Coventry, they had 3 separate "Record Exchange" stores.. the regular one, a vinyl only store across the street AND a Jazz/Classical Annex down the street. It was a good time to be a record buyer (and a bad time to be a poor college student...LOL).

-Mason

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

"ULTRA, BEYOND BELIEF RARE, OUT OF PRINT - ON VINYL, STILL WRAPPED, FIRST RELEASE, ONLY ONE ON THE INTERNET!"

Looking on that site for some records their price values are vastly hugely massive. Particularly for some of the Mike Oldfield and Jean-Michel Jarre LPs I looked up.

Case in point: Five Miles Out

Site Value: Price - $155.82

Ebay UK value: £1-5 ($10)

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:15 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking on that site for some records their price values are vastly hugely massive. Particularly for some of the Mike Oldfield and Jean-Michel Jarre LPs I looked up.

Case in point: Five Miles Out

Site Value: Price - $155.82

Ebay UK value: £1-5 ($10)

Yeah, but I can't find a single ST&C LP on any of the Ebays.

Nov 30, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #15 of 19
hey you guys are Northeast Ohioians! I'm from Lakewood, and a proud Exchange customer too! (the one in lakewood is a 5 minute walk from my front door
wink.gif

PS what is a Zaireeka party?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back