Holy Crap! Crazy Stories
Jan 13, 2006 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Porksoda

500+ Head-Fier
Hey All,

So I wake up about 10 minutes ago to the sound of the history channel show I was trying to watch from my bed, and someone in my doorway going "Hello??". I get up and discover two police officers in my living room and two more in the hallway of my apartment complex. One of them starts demanding identification, asking for proof I live here, and checks my mailbox against my ID.

After they are finally convinced that I really do live here, and my roommate is out of town, they inform me that somebody was going around trying to kick in doors and rob apartments, and he had done just that on the first floor. I am on the third floor, the top floor, and there are a grand total 12 apartments in this building.

So get this, this guy is going around kicking in peoples' doors literally like 30-40 feet away, and my apartment is unlocked, with the door OPEN!
eek.gif
Once the cops leave, I finally get a chance to look at the clock and realize I've been a sleep for an hour and a half. I slept through the entire thing, start to finish, with my door wide open! The cops saw the door open, with no response inside and the TV on in another room, and figured he was probably in here.

So what crazy close call stories like this do you have?

Jan 13, 2006 at 8:25 AM Post #2 of 14
Thats nuts
tongue.gif

My story: It was a late Friday night and I was watching tv on the couch. I suddenly hear a loud bang and hear someone scream for help and call 911. I was one of the first people to look out the balcony and saw a lady sprawled out on the grass and a white car speeding away.

I later find out that the lady was being robbed by a guy and she refused to give him her cell phone. He shot her in the head and killed her on the spot right in front of my apartment. What really freaked me out was that she was killed right in front of the spot where my dad used to park.

The red X is the exact spot where she was shot.
shot.jpg

Jan 13, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #3 of 14
ahh technology....

Jan 13, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porksoda
Hey All,

So I wake up about 10 minutes ago to the sound of the history channel show I was trying to watch from my bed, and someone in my doorway going "Hello??". I get up and discover two police officers in my living room and two more in the hallway of my apartment complex. One of them starts demanding identification, asking for proof I live here, and checks my mailbox against my ID.

After they are finally convinced that I really do live here, and my roommate is out of town, they inform me that somebody was going around trying to kick in doors and rob apartments, and he had done just that on the first floor. I am on the third floor, the top floor, and there are a grand total 12 apartments in this building.

So get this, this guy is going around kicking in peoples' doors literally like 30-40 feet away, and my apartment is unlocked, with the door OPEN!
eek.gif
Once the cops leave, I finally get a chance to look at the clock and realize I've been a sleep for an hour and a half. I slept through the entire thing, start to finish, with my door wide open! The cops saw the door open, with no response inside and the TV on in another room, and figured he was probably in here.

So what crazy close call stories like this do you have?

Damn! This is why I keep a gun in the living room and my bedroom! You'd better learn to be a lighter sleeper... scary stuff!

Jan 13, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Damn! This is why I keep a gun in the living room and my bedroom! You'd better learn to be a lighter sleeper... scary stuff!

Actually I have a target shooting rifle in the closet.
biggrin.gif
Just a Reuger 10/22 but if you put a few rounds into someone they aren't going anywhere too fast.

Jan 13, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porksoda
Actually I have a target shooting rifle in the closet.
biggrin.gif
Just a Reuger 10/22 but if you put a few rounds into someone they aren't going anywhere too fast.

Shoot em with what ya got and if you run out of ammo beat em with it
tongue.gif

I used to be a real heavy sleeper but once I moved in with my girlfriend (now wife) I turned into a very light sleeper... it was kinda weird.

All things considered that is a pretty ballsy criminal, did they say if he was doped up on anything?

Jan 13, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Shoot em with what ya got and if you run out of ammo beat em with it
tongue.gif

I used to be a real heavy sleeper but once I moved in with my girlfriend (now wife) I turned into a very light sleeper... it was kinda weird.

All things considered that is a pretty ballsy criminal, did they say if he was doped up on anything?

I don't even know if they caught him...

Jan 13, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #8 of 14
Firearms - I had enough of them in the service.
plainface.gif
Terrible "things".

Jan 13, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod
Firearms - I had enough of them in the service.
plainface.gif
Terrible "things".

Insurance my friend... no one wants to use it but it's there if you need it.

Jan 13, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #10 of 14
During the spring of 2005, I was with 3 of my roommates at a gas station. My one roommate's girlfriend lived literally a block away, and he said he was going to run to her house and get his cell phone that he left there last night. So, we fill up the tank and get back into the car. Just as we are about to pull away from the pump, a silver Dodge Stratus speeds right in front of us and comes screeching to a stop. Then, 3 guys dressed in street clothes burst out of the car and pull their guns and badges out, while screaming at us to put our hands up. They are obviously undercover cops...

Well, they come racing up to the car and rip out my two roommates out of the car that were sitting in front. My other roomate and I are stuck in the back with out hands on the front seats. It turns out there was a string of robberies around this area that have been happening, and they thought my one roommate robbed the house he went into (his girlfriends). After we explained the situation we all had a good laugh and they let us go. We even saw one of the guys later that night at a bar when he was off duty, and had a beer with him
icon10.gif

Jan 13, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #11 of 14
When I was in Tampa (USF) as a grad student, late nights were the norm. Walking back from the lab one night I heard a lady screaming and ran up to the spot...some guy was slapping her around.

Now here is why I am ashamed of myself...I ran away...I ran to the nearest emergency phone and called the response team. They showed up in less than 30 seconds (cops patrol the university and they hear all calls made on the emergency phones). 3 police cars screamed into the area and took the man into custody...he didnt even try to run away.

Sad thing is the woman wasn't moving. I heard almost 3 weeks later that she was ok but by then I had lost all respect for myself...

What chilled me even more was the lack of emotion on the faces of the cops...when the first car drove by the emergency phone, I was still on line and he looked at me sideways like he meant business...he slowed down waiting...and when I gave the exact location of the "incident"...he turned away and sped to the spot...

Chilling efficiency...
basshead.gif

Jan 13, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari

What chilled me even more was the lack of emotion on the faces of the cops...when the first car drove by the emergency phone, I was still on line and he looked at me sideways like he meant business...he slowed down waiting...and when I gave the exact location of the "incident"...he turned away and sped to the spot...

As someone who want's to be a cop and has a few cop friends I can tell you that you need to learn fast not to get emotionally involved with the people who need your help. If you did you'd be an emotional wreck in no time fast (even more so than some cops already are sadly...)

btw, no need to be ashamed of going and calling the authorities, that's what the emergency phones are for...you'd probably feel worse if you tried to intervene and he did a number on you and ran off...you did the right thing, good for you.

Jan 13, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
When I was in Tampa (USF) as a grad student, late nights were the norm. Walking back from the lab one night I heard a lady screaming and ran up to the spot...some guy was slapping her around.

Now here is why I am ashamed of myself...I ran away...I ran to the nearest emergency phone and called the response team. They showed up in less than 30 seconds (cops patrol the university and they hear all calls made on the emergency phones). 3 police cars screamed into the area and took the man into custody...he didnt even try to run away.

Sad thing is the woman wasn't moving. I heard almost 3 weeks later that she was ok but by then I had lost all respect for myself...

Chilling efficiency...
basshead.gif

Nothing to be ashamed of there. If you hadn't called and went at it alone, you could have been injured and he could have gotten away. Instead, you make a quick and accurate judgement to alert the police and the problem was solved, he got taken away and she turned out ok, the obvious best outcome of that situation. These random acts of violence and burglary are very unfortunate.

Jan 13, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Insurance my friend... no one wants to use it but it's there if you need it.

Guns aren't insurance. Insurance is insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back