Holy Crap, Batman!
Feb 1, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stabgotham /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I waas told to come to Head-Fi to do some research before purchasing a new set of headphones that will be almost 100% for competitive online gaming. I have read tons of threads and reviews and I am absolutely atounded by the amount of information out there and by the knowledge that you all posess. With that said, I'm now more clueless then ever.

I'm not sure even which brand to purchase now. I thought maybe Sennheiser or Grado Labs, but you guys have all confused me. Anyways perhaps you could help me now.

I currently have a PC with a Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic. Right now I am using the Sennheiser PC150 headset, but I want to upgrade. I do not own a headphone amp.

What would be the best gaming headphones/headsets for under $200.00 and if they require a headphone amp, where is the best place to purchase one online?

If there's one thing I can help you with, it's not to use grado's for gaming. They utterly suck at gaming.

I always recommend my favorit cheap gaming can, the Beyer DT770pro.

Feb 1, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by skylinedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i want my double click back.

Really, you double click :wink: ??
rs1smile.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #33 of 40
Quick question, should I decide to go with the Sennheisser HD580's or the DT770's, would a PA2V2 Headphones Amplifier be sufficient in driving these headphones along with my sound card for the best sound???

Feb 3, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stabgotham /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question, should I decide to go with the Sennheisser HD580's or the DT770's, would a PA2V2 Headphones Amplifier be sufficient in driving these headphones along with my sound card for the best sound???

Ha, what happend to the A700s?

I personally wouldn't recommend the PA2V2 with the DT770s. I had the PA2V2 for a few days and really didn't like the sound. It seemed too weak (had to use nearly all of the pot!) and was way too unrefined and bassy (Not the good kind of bassy either...). It sounded like crap with my SA5k's, which are more efficient and much easier to drive well than the DT770s.

Just my 2 cents.

Feb 3, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha, what happend to the A700s?

I personally wouldn't recommend the PA2V2 with the DT770s. I had the PA2V2 for a few days and really didn't like the sound. It seemed too weak (had to use nearly all of the pot!) and was way too unrefined and bassy (Not the good kind of bassy either...). It sounded like crap with my SA5k's, which are more efficient and much easier to drive well than the DT770s.

Just my 2 cents.

Azure, have you heard any good things about Go-Vibe V5 amp paired with the DT 770pro - 80ohms? Or do you feel that the A700s are a better solution to Stab's gaming needs?
-Stab is a buddy of mine and we are currently in the same boat. We are trying to gather as much information as we can before plunging into the Hi-Fi world of headphones for gaming and saying goodbye to the gimmicky headset sayers.

Damn you head-fiers, My wallet is going to be sorry. Hopefully, my ears will love me for it.
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Azure, have you heard any good things about Go-Vibe V5 amp paired with the DT 770pro - 80ohms? Or do you feel that the A700s are a better solution to Stab's gaming needs?
-Stab is a buddy of mine and we are currently in the same boat. We are trying to gather as much information as we can before plunging into the Hi-Fi world of headphones for gaming and saying goodbye to the gimmicky headset sayers.

Damn you head-fiers, My wallet is going to be sorry. Hopefully, my ears will love me for it.
biggrin.gif

The wallet thing...
smily_headphones1.gif
Below probably won't help much.

Personally speaking, if you want the ideal setup for your gaming you should look in to the Total bithead, headphonia's amp, or any other one that has a USB connection capability. There may be others but, off hand, those are the only two I can think of.

Or get something like the emu 0404 which acts as an external sound card. I've read great things about it but have yet to use it. It is a DAC and an amp for headphones along with other features.

With the bithead you can also share your music with another person since it has two headphone jacks. It easily powered two pairs of sennheiser hd595 plugged in to it when I was using it.

I had the total bithead, and I think it works great but I can't comment how it works with games. It does sound incredible with the sennheiser hd595 as far as music goes.

Feb 3, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ev13wt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really, you double click :wink: ??
rs1smile.gif

YEP, my internet acts like a POS when first i start it up
*pics unrelated*
15516.jpg

0020110770_1691.jpg

Feb 3, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

Sorry, I haven't personally heard the Go-Vibe V5, so I can't comment. If I was in your situation, I'd only get the DT770s if I had a beefy amp to drive them since they sounded like fart cannons to me through the PA2V2, Rio Karma headphone out, and through my receiver's headphone out. I plan to eventually get the DT770s down the road for a PC gaming rig, but I plan to pick up a used G-Lite to drive them. YMMV.

Feb 12, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #40 of 40
A contrarian pick: Ultrasone DJ1.

I think I'm the only guy here that has them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back