Holo Audio Serene also for Headphones useful or another pre-amp?
Nov 14, 2023 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

LowBeat91

100+ Head-Fier
I wanna step up my Headphone Setup with an GSX Mini and an Chord Dac. Do i benefit from the Holo Audio Serene with Headphones like the Audeze LCD 4 and Meze Empyrian 2?
Or do you recommend another Pre Amp?

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #2 of 8
Serene is a preamp, and Bliss is a preamp/headphone amp. Serene will drive sensitive headphones decently from its XLR1 output, though Bliss will do better, and will be more widely useful for harder to drive headphones (basically everything except Tungsten with low volume sources).

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #3 of 8
Serene is a preamp, and Bliss is a preamp/headphone amp. Serene will drive sensitive headphones decently from its XLR1 output, though Bliss will do better, and will be more widely useful for harder to drive headphones (basically everything except Tungsten with low volume sources).
Thank you but i dont need a headphone amp

Nov 15, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #5 of 8
I have the Serene it's a very clean sounding pre-amp/headphone amp. I mainly use it as a headphone amp right now to drive my Utopia OG and ZMF Atrium Closed. I believe the GSX Mini is on the warmer side, so you may need to consider that when upgrading to the Serene.

Nov 15, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #6 of 8
I have the Serene it's a very clean sounding pre-amp/headphone amp. I mainly use it as a headphone amp right now to drive my Utopia OG and ZMF Atrium Closed. I believe the GSX Mini is on the warmer side, so you may need to consider that when upgrading to the Serene.
I woudn‘t upgrade my GSX Mini instead using the Serene or GSX Mini as anvpre-amp. But i dont know if its beneficial

Nov 15, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #7 of 8
I woudn‘t upgrade my GSX Mini instead using the Serene or GSX Mini as anvpre-amp. But i dont know if its beneficial
Can't say I've tried, generally you'd get a speaker amp instead and use that with a headphone adapter. Does seem redundant though, any particular reason you want to use either one as a pre-amp to the other ?

Jan 1, 2024 at 5:05 AM Post #8 of 8
Has aynone compared Serene's low impedance XLR output with headphones vs Holo Bliss dedicated headphone amp? How do they compare? I might be making a slight comeback to headphones after I auditioned the new Dan Clark E3's and am wondering if I could do with Serene's XLR1 output, which should work well with headphones. Another option is to change Serene to Bliss. I wouldn't want more boxes so either one of these options would be the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back