Holo Audio Red Streamer
Mar 29, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #754 of 1,883
I just got a new Schiit Bifrost 2/64 and discovered USB output from RED to the Schiit Unison USB does not like anything beyond 16 bit 44.1 Khz sample rates. SPDIF COAX output from the RED seems fine. Anyone else used RED USB out to a Schiit Unison USB yet? I have not used the USB out from the RED on other sources so I have to investigate further if this is RED or Unison related.

*EDIT* RED USB output to Holo Spring 3 KTE USB input is working OK. So this seems to be a Holo Red USB to Schiit Unison USB issue.

- Qobuz UPnP Stream
- 16/44.1 OK with Schiit Unison USB
- 24/44.1 Instant loud static only
- 24/96 Music will play but high frequency, high volume, clocks and pops can be heard throughout the track at varying intervals.
- Haven’t tried other sample rates
- I can hear the relays clicking in the Bifrost on new sample rate change
May be you force the output data to 32bit and try again

Mar 29, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #755 of 1,883
Q
Anyone experiment running i2s with dip switch #4 ON vs OFF?
I was going to ask the same thing. I saw a question earlier in the thread about the dip switches but couldn't find an answer.
1680108445159.png

I left the dip switches as set by Holo Audio: #4 ON and #3 OFF.
1680108583908.jpeg

How are others setting the dip switches? Are you enabling (turning ON) both #3 and #4 dip switches?

Thanks!

Mar 29, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #756 of 1,883
IMG-1927.jpg
IMG-1928.jpg

Update completed

Mar 29, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #757 of 1,883
I got my Red to update as well (wasn't sure it would at first). It would be nice if we knew what the update contained, there seems to be no change log posted anywhere.

Mar 29, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #759 of 1,883
Q

I was going to ask the same thing. I saw a question earlier in the thread about the dip switches but couldn't find an answer.

I left the dip switches as set by Holo Audio: #4 ON and #3 OFF.

How are others setting the dip switches? Are you enabling (turning ON) both #3 and #4 dip switches?

Thanks!
Is there any real reason why one woul not want both switches #3 and 4 turned on? Mine is at default presently (3 off 4 on).

Apr 1, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #760 of 1,883
The update fixed Tidal app connection - now the recent Tidal app is able to connect, used 2.59.1 until now. On the other hand, there is a new issue with MQA unfolding, it does 44.1/48kHz now, was 88.2/96kHz before.

Apr 1, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #761 of 1,883
I´m looking for a new streamer that works. Coming from iFi Zen Stream, I have been fighting with that one for few years and now I´m ready to give up. Nice way to spend almost 400 euros :beyersmile:

All I need is good quality USB out to my DI20HE and USB in for my SSD / FLACs. Holo Red seems to be the ansver.

Does anyone have Audio-GD gear with Holo Red and how does it integrate?

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #762 of 1,883
I´m looking for a new streamer that works.
It's hard to make a recommendation without knowing more about the problems you've had with the Zen Stream. Is the firmware up to date? Do you have a stable network, is your router very old? If your network is causing the problems then you may have issues with any streamer. I've read that with the latest firmware the Zen Stream is very stable.

Apr 1, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #763 of 1,883
It's hard to make a recommendation without knowing more about the problems you've had with the Zen Stream. Is the firmware up to date? Do you have a stable network, is your router very old? If your network is causing the problems then you may have issues with any streamer. I've read that with the latest firmware the Zen Stream is very stable.
I really can´t imagine what I haven´t done and tryed. It has been great to have Mr BubbaHyde to assist me, he has given me few more options trying to get the ZS to work.
I´m not trying to troubleshoot the Zen Stream any more, it is time to give up. It doesn´t work. I´m here to ask if people have experience with Holo Red with Audio-GD gear. I´m looking for best possible USB out streamer that works. And I would like to forget the Zen Stream, maybe it is better to just to take this experience as a tutorial what not to get.
My place has fibre optic connection to internet and modern electrical system. My router is Asus RT-AC5300 and that is just for wireless.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #765 of 1,883
Does anyone know the login info for the Red? I'm trying to SSH into it. Is SSH even enabled?
Thanks.
Don't know if this will help or not, 10.1.10.113 is the IP address for my Red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back