Holo Audio May DAC Speculation
Apr 10, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #826 of 1,270
Hello Holo May Community,
As I am contemplating buying a Spring3 or a May, I would like to know whether anyone has heard rumors about a successor to the May (“June” ?).

I am asking this since the May is now 3 to 4 years old… so my question might be not totally absurd, despite the high quality of this Dac.

Thank you very much

Apr 10, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #830 of 1,270
Does “quite a while” mean months or years? Didn’t the inventor of the May ( I forgot his name) make a comment that he had ideas on how to improve it a ways back?
Jeff ZHu is the Founder/Designer/Head of Holo Audio, my understanding is it will not be in less than a year and I believe 2025 was eluded to as no sooner than but that could change.

Apr 11, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #831 of 1,270
Jeff ZHu is the Founder/Designer/Head of Holo Audio, my understanding is it will not be in less than a year and I believe 2025 was eluded to as no sooner than but that could change.
Thank you for the info.

How is it dealing with Kitsune to purchase HoloAudio products? I sent them an email and have not heard back. They also talk about 7 to 10 days or so to wait for a response ( it has been many weeks). I would like to purchase the Holo products as I heard them at CanJam, but I am very concerned about service from them if needed. Even just general questions.

Apr 11, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #832 of 1,270
Thank you for the info.

How is it dealing with Kitsune to purchase HoloAudio products? I sent them an email and have not heard back. They also talk about 7 to 10 days or so to wait for a response ( it has been many weeks). I would like to purchase the Holo products as I heard them at CanJam, but I am very concerned about service from them if needed. Even just general questions.
They are a small company as US Distributors go, so they are going to be a bit more boutique in their responsiveness, but they do return emails at some point. Service has always been top notch and service requests seem to get more attention than general questions that can or are usually answered already on the website. The juice is worth the squeeze as the phrase goes.

Apr 11, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #833 of 1,270
They are a small company as US Distributors go, so they are going to be a bit more boutique in their responsiveness, but they do return emails at some point. Service has always been top notch and service requests seem to get more attention than general questions that can or are usually answered already on the website. The juice is worth the squeeze as the phrase goes.
I am not used to what I would initially call lackluster service. But I appreciate your view and may still give them a shot. I might try another email first. Tks.

Apr 12, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #834 of 1,270
I am not used to what I would initially call lackluster service. But I appreciate your view and may still give them a shot. I might try another email first. Tks.
Tim is often busy, and also he has a life. He takes vacations, etc. Kitsune is a very small operation. Sometimes it takes a week to get a reply, but I’ve communicated with him many times, and usually it’s hours, even weird hours on a Saturday. Try again, don’t be obnoxious, and eventually you will get what you need. The actual service I have received from Kitsune (3 new purchases and 2 questions/upgrades of used ones) have been exemplary.

So yes. Buy the 🦊

attn: @bimmer100

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #835 of 1,270
Tim is often busy, and also he has a life. He takes vacations, etc. Kitsune is a very small operation. Sometimes it takes a week to get a reply, but I’ve communicated with him many times, and usually it’s hours, even weird hours on a Saturday. Try again, don’t be obnoxious, and eventually you will get what you need. The actual service I have received from Kitsune (3 new purchases and 2 questions/upgrades of used ones) have been exemplary.

So yes. Buy the 🦊
Ha, I like the 🦊. Glad to hear you have had a good experience. My initial communication with them has been about a month ago with no reply. I sent another email via their online form. If I do not get a response, not sure I can trust them.

Apr 14, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #836 of 1,270
IMG_3510.jpeg
IMG_3511.jpeg
Cleaned up a bit.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #837 of 1,270
IMG_3510.jpeg
This setup is only temporary until i figure out the issue with the desk space. Lol.
Add HQPlayer and change headphones to Susvara and you are set :)

Apr 14, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #839 of 1,270

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back