Holo Audio Cyan 2 DAC
May 7, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #811 of 873
LoL, owners are too busy enjoying their music and those of us in waiting hell are too busy twiddling our thumbs :darthsmile:
I was typing out the same sentiment lol. Ordered mine on the 26th of last month, only a few more weeks I keep telling myself.

May 7, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #812 of 873
I was typing out the same sentiment lol. Ordered mine on the 26th of last month, only a few more weeks I keep telling myself.
I ordered on the 28th from Elise Audio in London, so the wait has only just begun - much thumb twiddling to be done

May 7, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #813 of 873
Yes, in a few weeks time, this thread will be dead quiet again once ppl on the waiting list get their units!!! :beyersmile:
What else is there to talk about really, after coming back to this thread and praise about it being stunning, then you just go back and enjoy your music...

May 7, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #815 of 873
hello all. Long time lurker. I am looking forward to getting back into the Dac game. I put in an order for the Cyan2 on the 22nd of April. I do hope it ships out early, I am not very patient with audio.
Welcome to the community!

I put mine in with Kitsune USA. So hopefully in 5 weeks time lol

May 7, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #817 of 873
Welcome to the forum Sound Dragon, and welcome to the waiting club! I ordered just behind you, but my Red should be here this month. Just set up a newer Mac Mini M2 which replaced my 2018, to take better advantage of HQP with the Cyan!
What a wonderfull set up, I will be very interested when you get the Cyan 2 in how the M2 handles DSD x256 with some of the higher filters.

From the news M3 is being skipped and we might get the M4 Mini later this year.

May 7, 2024 at 8:33 PM Post #818 of 873
What a wonderfull set up, I will be very interested when you get the Cyan 2 in how the M2 handles DSD x256 with some of the higher filters.

From the news M3 is being skipped and we might get the M4 Mini later this year.
I got a good laugh at your location. I've heard that rumor about the M4 too, if it's anything like the other Apple silicon it should be a killer for HQP. I expect the M2 16gb RAM to handle DSD256 pretty well, but we'll see. No problem whatsoever with PCM756 and poly-sinc-gauss-xla, so addicted to that filter!

May 8, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #819 of 873
My speaker system is RCA - does anyone have any experience running the Cyan RCA vs XLR?

May 8, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #822 of 873
Ordered the Cyan2 from MagnaHifi on May 2nd and just got a shipping notification and a tracking number from them
Man, that was lucky, you found actual stock whereas most places have sold out before they even get the stock - I'm resigned to waiting six weeks or so

May 8, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #823 of 873
Ordered the cyan2 from audiophonics.fr current stock availability estimation may 16th-23rd, let’s hope that is right, when I’ve boughted was May 6th - 15th…

Last edited:
May 8, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #824 of 873
anyone aware of the DSD conversion path here? I have seen a lot about Holo being one bit, and the use fancy buzzwords that don't mean much when actually telling us what it does or how it works.

I am assuming that as a true 1 bit converter, it is a thermometer coded multi-resistor element like all other native DSD solutions. (DSC2, iFi, Denafrips, T+A, the latest AKM that use trimmed resistors rather than switched caps)

Anyone know how long the delay line/number of taps we are talking about, and what kind of FC and stopband frequency we are talking about with DSD64? (The numbers for higher rates can usually be doubled with each doubling of speed, assuming the elements are equally weighted).

For instance, the BB chip used in iFi products has an 8 bit delay line that leads to a 9 level unary code at the FIR filter D/A converter. Signalyst has a 32 bit delay line/33 level unary code FIR filter D/A converter.

Has any info come out about the Holo DACs??

And while we are at it, on a somewhat related tangent, why the heck do Denafrips call their 1-bit 32 tap/33 level FIR DSD conversion filter a 6-bit solution? First, its only a 1-bit solution. If the design were modified a bit, for conversion of multi-bit delta sigma directly from a multi-bit DS converter, 33 levels is just slightly more than 5 bits. My best guess is you were in marketing, and trying to say what 33 levels of DSD conversion would be, you would need to round up to 6 bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back