Holo Audio Cyan 2 DAC
Mar 21, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #421 of 806
That's very unfortunate - have you had the option to test other inputs to at least use it to some degree it.
No, unfortunately USB is my only option right now.
But what actually prompted you to know something is wrong?

Obviously 'low volume' issue but is it REALLY obvious, like abnormally low volume?

Like hardly any volume?

Would be nice if you can share so others can listen if similar for them
Basically I installed the newest (correct) firmware without realising it was already installed. After this double installation the Cyan 2 is not receiving signal, although it 'appears' perfectly both on my computer and streamer. I haven't had any low volume issues or anything like that.

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #422 of 806
That's very unfortunate - have you had the option to test other inputs to at least use it to some degree?
I managed to get an optical cable and in a couple of days I will get a coax cable as well. The Cyan 2 works as it should through optical, so I presume coax will be fine too. Something just got cocked up with the USB module/firmware, which is strange as all I did was reinstalling the latest fw.

Mar 21, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #423 of 806
I managed to get an optical cable and in a couple of days I will get a coax cable as well. The Cyan 2 works as it should through optical, so I presume coax will be fine too. Something just got cocked up with the USB module/firmware, which is strange as all I did was reinstalling the latest fw.
I wonder if Magna screwed up here by putting a firmware online for Cyan 2, when in fact it is a firmware for Spring possibly

Since there isn't one on Kitsune (Cyan2 is a new product, so makes sense there should not be a firmware available for download)

Generally you only put a firmware up when there is a new update

Mar 21, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #424 of 806
I wonder if Magna screwed up here by putting a firmware online for Cyan 2, when in fact it is a firmware for Spring possibly

Since there isn't one on Kitsune (Cyan2 is a new product, so makes sense there should not be a firmware available for download)

Generally you only put a firmware up when there is a new update
No idea. The file name and fw number seemed correct, but of course the content could have been different. I will update the thread once we know more in a week or two.

Mar 21, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #425 of 806
No idea. The file name and fw number seemed correct, but of course the content could have been different. I will update the thread once we know more in a week or two.
Yes file name might be correct but only Magna offer this download

Looks like an error on their part to put this online

If not an error, would be on Kitsune website too

Anyway keep us posted

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #426 of 806
I changed the cable to a better one and it is plugged to a normal power socket. Do you recommend a better solution?
There's a linear power supply upgrade for the DMP-A6, you can look it up and apparently it improves the sonic qualities of this streamer, slightly, it's not a night and day difference, but it's something.

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #427 of 806
There's a linear power supply upgrade for the DMP-A6, you can look it up and apparently it improves the sonic qualities of this streamer, slightly, it's not a night and day difference, but it's something.
I know, but I don't want to lose my warranty for a very small improvement

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #428 of 806
Ok so after using Cyan2 for 2 months, here are my quick thoughts:
- sounds good
- looks good
- lack of a power button is a mistake
- lack of a input selector is a mistake
- bright leds on a front are a mistake

Hope it will help someone in decision :wink:

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #429 of 806
- sounds good
- looks good

I plan to keep it hidden in a drawer, powered on, and out of sight at all times, so it might be perfect for me lol

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #432 of 806
- sounds good
- looks good

Incredible review, 10/10

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #433 of 806
I plan to keep it hidden in a drawer, powered on, and out of sight at all times, so it might be perfect for me lol
Nothing that a good old rag over the led lights can't solve.

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #434 of 806
Yes yes I know, leds could be solved by just a black tape, powering on/off it's not a big problem you could just leave it always on, same with source just unplug cable that you are not using....
It's a crappy design choice that's all.

Incredible review, 10/10
For more esoteric words (or crap) feel free to visit gurus from youtube :wink:

Mar 22, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #435 of 806
Yes yes I know, leds could be solved by just a black tape, powering on/off it's not a big problem you could just leave it always on, same with source just unplug cable that you are not using....
It's a crappy design choice that's all.

For more esoteric words (or crap) feel free to visit gurus from youtube :wink:
Yep, it's a pretty Spartan design but it works for me, I always leave my DAC and Amp on, don't want to power cycle them to much.

Any recommendations of video reviews of this amp? I think I watched them all at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back