Holo Audio Cyan 2 DAC
Jan 30, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #92 of 915
Hey. The Cyan 2's USB is very good. It is galvanically isolated and absolutely no noise from my PC passes through to it!
Awesome that’s good to hear. Looking forward to more impressions of it. 🙌

Feb 1, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #93 of 915
Just received my new Holoaudio Cyan 2. I have to still burn-in the DAC so that will take some time. This one i ordered with the Puprle fuse option from Synergistic Research. However i did the initial first impression down below with the standard fuse because my dumbass thought the purple fuse was already installed.

When the burn-in period is over i can give a review of this DAC. I will be on RCA cause i dont won XLR cables yet. Im planning to go XLR next month.

Current Setup:
PC => Cyan 2 => Marantz 6005pm(used as power amp) => Aune S17 Pro => Stax SRM 323-II(sadly has not XLR)

Headphones i own:
HD650
Fostex TR-X00
Sony Z7M2
Stax SR-404
Stax SR-Lambda Signature (not nova or pro)

NOTE: On the Kitsune(Holo Audio Official Website) there is a special Audio Driver you can install for Windows10/11. This DAC is ASIO compatible so its highly recommended to install this driver so that all the audio gets sampled the right amount of buffer for every frequency.

First Impression:
Right out of the box i can tell this DAC has verry accurate spacial positioning(Sound staging). Its a world of difference from the DAC i used on the Marantz 6005pm(old ESS DAC). Sound is also more wellrounded and richer than before. This is what i concluded by using the STAX Lambda Signature the first hour of listening. Treble is verry realistic and warm. Bass does not leak into the other parts of the music.

This month i will have to listen to the setup for a long time so i can give a propper review. I might have to wait for the XLR cable so i can listen to the dynamic headphones balanced(for the sony Z7M2).

Here is a real good DEMO of the Headphone i mainly used for the first impression:

Attachments

• IMG_20240201_182133.jpg
    IMG_20240201_182133.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #95 of 915
The Cyan 2 Just arrived! Will do some burn in and and come back with my impressions 🎶
IMG_20240202_153103.jpg
Please give some feedback asap! Is that a Mjolnir 3 you've got there as well?... If so you've now got the dac and amp I've been thinking of. In my desk set up atm I have the original Cyan, the combined dac/amp. It's a beautiful sounding unit, especially with well recorded jazz and classical, though has some limitations with dynamics. I am also using Hifiman too, the HE1000SE.

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #96 of 915
Please give some feedback asap! Is that a Mjolnir 3 you've got there as well?... If so you've now got the dac and amp I've been thinking of. In my desk set up atm I have the original Cyan, the combined dac/amp. It's a beautiful sounding unit, especially with well recorded jazz and classical, though has some limitations with dynamics. I am also using Hifiman too, the HE1000SE.
Yep It's the Mjolnir 3 i've painted the volume knob and love It all in black 😁 on the Page 80 of the Mjolnir 3 thread i've posted my impressions and some comparison with other amps i had, in my case i've sold the se and got back the stealth version but for me and the genre i listen the he1000 Is my hp.

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #97 of 915
Yep It's the Mjolnir 3 i've painted the volume knob and love It all in black 😁 on the Page 80 of the Mjolnir 3 thread i've posted my impressions and some comparison with other amps i had, in my case i've sold the se and got back the stealth version but for me and the genre i listen the he1000 Is my hp.
Which genre do you find the HE1000 better for, out of interest?

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #98 of 915
Which genre do you find the HE1000 better for, out of interest?
I listen mostly to post rock, alternative metal and stoner rock there are tracks with a lot of instruments busy passages and with the se It was too precises too perfect with the stealth i can hear all the details but It presented in a more coherent fun and natural way for me and i love the bigger soundstage. After trying a lot of hp i've found my sweet spot but i haven't tried the Tungsten yet 😂

Feb 2, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #99 of 915
I listen mostly to post rock, alternative metal and stoner rock there are tracks with a lot of instruments busy passages and with the se It was too precises too perfect with the stealth i can hear all the details but It presented in a more coherent fun and natural way for me and i love the bigger soundstage. After trying a lot of hp i've found my sweet spot but i haven't tried the Tungsten yet 😂
Some of my favorite genres as well! Looking forward to your impressions of the Cyan 2 :L3000:

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #100 of 915
you guys are really giving me some gear acquisition syndrome here

Feb 2, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #101 of 915
Hmm... Very interesting. Rock of all types is my main genre too. I've discovered post rock and doom in later life, haha. And I get exactly what you're re saying about the HEKSE. Maybe I need to hear the Stealth 🤔

Feb 3, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #102 of 915
One simple question, how to turn the unit off considering you have stacked it with other equipment and you really don't want to or it's almost impossible to reach to the back of the unit. :thinking:
For solid state equipment such as Cyan 2 I believe there is no downside to just leaving it on rather than powering off after each use.

Feb 3, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #105 of 915

Users who are viewing this thread

Back