Holo Audio Cyan 2 DAC
Dec 25, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #46 of 806
Do you think that Cyan 2 will be an upgrade from Denafrips Pontus II?
I can’t see that being the case considering they are in different price brackets right now, but it’d be interesting to hear.

Jan 1, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #48 of 806
Gonna have to watch this thread. I've got a Frerot which I quite like but have been dabbling in hqplayer a bit so the extra pcm headroom and dsd is intriguing (though I think my order of operations is a new/tube amp first...).

The Spring and May are a bit big and expensive for me but if this approaches Spring quality... :thinking:

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #51 of 806
Apparently shipping 6 weeks after order

Might be slow to see reviews
I hope @GoldenOne makes a review. With how high he has praised the rest of the lineup I would have to take everything with a grain of salt but still .. he sure knows what he is talking about. Also I am sure that HoloAudio would send him a demo unit ASAP if he asked for it.

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #52 of 806
I hope @GoldenOne makes a review. With how high he has praised the rest of the lineup I would have to take everything with a grain of salt but still .. he sure knows what he is talking about. Also I am sure that HoloAudio would send him a demo unit ASAP if he asked for it.
GoldenSound measures

Companies would only send to him if they are comfortable with how it measures

Holo May did well but can we expect such good performance for a fraction of price?

Holo knows the answet

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #53 of 806
GoldenSound measures

Holo May did well but can we expect such good performance for a fraction of price?

Holo knows the answet
Its a fraction of the price. Ofcours its not the same performance as the May. Nobody is expecting it to be.

Jan 5, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #54 of 806
GoldenSound measures

Holo knows the answet
They have their own THD specs available for the product. It claims -106dB for NOS PCM. Vs the May's -118dB for example.
I'll measure if I get the chance to test one, though previously Holo's specs have aligned with what I've tested so I'm inclined to trust the figure

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #55 of 806
They have their own THD specs available for the product. It claims -106dB for NOS PCM. Vs the May's -118dB for example.
I'll measure if I get the chance to test one, though previously Holo's specs have aligned with what I've tested so I'm inclined to trust the figure
Definitely most interested in the subjective analysis

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #56 of 806
Its a fraction of the price. Ofcours its not the same performance as the May. Nobody is expecting it to be.
If you actually look at Holo's own specs for May vs Cyan2 .... for DSD128x input performance:

May THD+N = -112 dB

Cyan2 THD+N = -114dB

Anyway, nobody said "same performance as May"...

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #57 of 806

Looking at the published DSD128x performance specified is interesting (see my post just above)...

May with slightly higher output voltage but still very slightly worse THD+N... (still good enough obviously)

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #58 of 806
Great to see that Holo Audio listens to us and they will bring down technologies from full rack size products down to desktop friendly ones.
I just hope that companion headphone amplifier (maybe without preamp feature, slightly less powerful but with the magic of full-size Bliss amp) int he same form factor as new Cyan 2 will follow.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:16 PM Post #60 of 806
Very eager to hear some impressions - hope those who ordered get to enjoy it soon! I also agree that an amp with the same form factor would be amazing and hope that's coming. Provided the Cyan 2 and any future amp like that are able to capture most of what people love about the Spring 3 / May and the Bliss, a stack like that would be endgame for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back