Holo Audio Bliss
May 10, 2024 at 2:02 AM Post #3,271 of 3,273
I personally purchased the Serene for a speaker preamp instead of just using the Bliss. I'm currently building out a 2ch setup that will be using SS and tubes, and the Bliss is not versatile enough in terms of outputs to handle what I am building out.

I will also be using it to cut down on the number of remotes needed to control the hardware that will be sitting 6 ft away from me.

The Serene will be controlling volume to the speaker amps as well as to the Bliss. That way I only have 2 remotes to keep track of. One to the Spring 3 and one for the Serene.
I’ve bought Serene for my speaker setup also. Now I’m not sure if I need it anymore since DAC200 plays so great directly connectef to my ATC’s. Serene brings its own flavour though and it’s nice to have different options. I only need one XLR output so Bliss would be enough for connections.

Any chance you could compare the preamp sections of the two?

May 10, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #3,272 of 3,273
I’ve bought Serene for my speaker setup also. Now I’m not sure if I need it anymore since DAC200 plays so great directly connectef to my ATC’s. Serene brings its own flavour though and it’s nice to have different options. I only need one XLR output so Bliss would be enough for connections.

Any chance you could compare the preamp sections of the two?
I would be happy too, but I am still building out the room and saving up for some of the hardware.

This will not only be a 2ch room but also my home theater room, so there is quite a bit of hardware I still need to buy.

May 10, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #3,273 of 3,273
Yes I’ve read the review. I remember him saying it was the other way around, that Serene is slightly better as preamp.
It is fair to assume that a purpose-designed preamp is better as a preamp than a purpose-designed amplifier that is also a preamp. If you are made of money and/or intent on min-max'ing every aspect of your system, Serene + Bliss is no doubt the way to go. But for us normal folks, Bliss is marginally less excellent as a preamp than Serene at most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back