Holmes Powell
Sep 24, 2001 at 10:42 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

The actual materials are the same. As you (hopefully) know, the 325 has an aluminum driver housing, while the RS-2 has a wooden housing. I'm sure that with the Holmes Powell, however, you can order the DCT-1 or the DCT-2 with either faceplate.

I hope you know I'm just busting your balls
wink.gif

Your 1st response came off a little defensive for some reason. I sure most people can get that they are only different looks wise in color, as seen in the pics that I posted.

Sep 24, 2001 at 10:59 PM Post #18 of 23
Consider my balls busted.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hehehe, now that I reread it it does come off weird... I'll edit my posts.

But don't you think that the DCT-1's standard case looks far worse than the DCT-2's? It looks far better in person than in that picture (the DCT-1 case), but it still is so tacky... though not so bad as the EAR V20 or the Star Wars amplifier from another thread. Since it's just colors that are different, why not just use the same ones on both? Many companies often do that. But whatever, it's no matter.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2001 at 3:31 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Consider my balls busted.

That's got to hurt!
face45.gif

Quote:

But don't you think that the DCT-1's standard case looks far worse than the DCT-2's?

In pictures, yes. But I haven't seen it in person. But, the DCT-2 looks way better.

Quote:

It looks far better in person than in that picture (the DCT-1 case), but it still is so tacky... though not so bad as the EAR V20 or the Star Wars amplifier from another thread. Since it's just colors that are different, why not just use the same ones on both? Many companies often do that. But whatever, it's no matter.

Well, I guess they want the DCT-2 to look a lot better so that it seems that you really got your money's worth. It is suppose to be the world's greatest amp and all
heee.gif

Sep 29, 2001 at 5:37 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by templeboy
http://www.ear-yoshino.com/productde...p?page=8&id=34

You can save some serious dough by going for EAR amp ...

Hey, templeboy, do you have any idea how much this is? I saw something in What Hi-Fi that told me the V20 only goes for about 3-4 times the X-CAN (they had it under headphone amps for some reason)...which seems pretty reasonable compared to the price I remember being quoted...(US$3495)...maybe we should import it and convert it ourselves? Not ready to give up my RKV, yet, but...hmmm...might have to look into getting a second system...

Oct 6, 2001 at 3:25 AM Post #22 of 23
V20 only goes for about 3-4 times the X-CAN

Gee I'd like to have my hands on V20 with that price! Anyhow, when Baron Paravicini emailed me at the time the headphone amp just finished prototyping, he mentioned the price would be around $2500. Unfortunately, I never see anyone carries it at shows.

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #23 of 23
I was just taking a stroll down memory lane when I ran across your post.  I am Holmes Powell ( the company ) and I would be happy to discuss any and all aspects of the DCT 2 as you wish.  FYI only 10 amps were lovingly hand built.  Two went to JVC Disc, and the rest to individual owners.  You may contact me at beemian@sbcglobal.net.  Thanks for giving a damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back