Holes in se420 and se530, please help
Apr 7, 2007 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

9fly

New Head-Fier
Previously i hear rumors about the designer put holes on back of Shure se420 and se530. As i remember once i seen the video review from cnet about hole in back of one se420.

Can i ask is this true both have hole on their back. I'm really not have chance to see one now.

If not so why this rumor happen or correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks

Apr 7, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 9
I think the new SE310 has a "hole" in it, which is the new tuneport bass technology. The SE530 is exactly the same as the E500, which definetly doesn't have a "hole" in it.

Apr 7, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #4 of 9
I believe the TunePort and 'holes' are for internal sound-shaping. TunePort was already used in the E4c, and my ears say they isolate (too damned) well.
The E and SE series should and will remain isolating. I imagine Shure fans will go up in arms if it were any other way.

Apr 7, 2007 at 7:26 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the new SE310 has a "hole" in it, which is the new tuneport bass technology. The SE530 is exactly the same as the E500, which definetly doesn't have a "hole" in it.

I was told by a Shure engineer that the E500 have subwoofer ports when I asked why the E500 isolate less and leaks more than the E4 I had in possession. So the E500 does in fact have "holes."

Apr 7, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #6 of 9
In fact what i ask was do they have physical hole like we found in V-moda Vibe.
One small hole on each earphone for control sound leak.
blink.gif

please give advice.

Apr 7, 2007 at 12:22 PM Post #7 of 9
I answered this when you asked it in another thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking at my E500 (identical to the SE530, according to the Shure representatives here) and there is no hole on the back.

TonySunshine gave you the same answer when you asked the question again in this thread. And now you've asked it again for a third time. Why do you ask the question if you're not going to listen to the response?

There is no hole in the SE530.

Apr 7, 2007 at 12:34 PM Post #8 of 9
No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.No hole.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back