Hold music @ your office.
Feb 17, 2003 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

neil

500+ Head-Fier
Well, the other day, I looked at our phone system and saw that we have a MOH input jack. I'm like, "MOH.. hmm.. moh? Modular Optical Handoff? Holy crap, Music on Hold!" So, I plugged in a Walkman, logged into the phone system admin interface, activated it, and we're rockin'.

At first, I put on NPR. You know, give something the people can listen to and maybe learn something.. current events, etc. But then again, maybe not. So next was pop radio station, and that just sucked. So now, it's Detroit's WJLB "Strong Songs" (a splash of the hip hop R&B -- kinda through people through a loop in the interim of dialing our extensions or getting placed on hold -- nothing' like a little Airforce Ones from Nelly to do the job).

What about you guys? Where you work, what's the wonderful hold music? Is it elevator action? Is it that lame corporate, "Thank you for waiting, your call is very important to us." crap?

Feb 17, 2003 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 4
At my brother's office, its a Jeff Foxworthy You Might Be a Redneck monalog.
biggrin.gif

[size=xx-small](Oh, wait, that's not music)[/size]

Feb 17, 2003 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 4
i don't know about microsoft, but julia is the office manager at the dental office she works at. she gets to pick the hold/background music for the office. one time i called and she had to put me on hold (imagine a wife doing that to her husband!!
eek.gif
) and there was some really nice bach playing. after a minute it sounded like a really familiar performance. hey, that's MY CD!! she had borrowed one of my christopher hogwood cd's for her office. i made sure i got it back that night.

at an office i used to work at, they had a boombox on radio attached to the phone switchboard for hold music. 99% of the time it was between stations, so our customers got to listen to static and 2 radio shows at once.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back