Hohw do I stop Foobar from deleting my playlists?
Feb 1, 2007 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

audioengr

Member of the Trade: Empirical Audio
I have relabeled all of my .wave files so they play with WMP. And yet, when I accidently double-click on a .wav file in Windows Explorer, the current playlist in Foobar gets deleted and replaced with the one .wav file. Blows away the playlist. Really irritating.

What do I need to do to stop this lunacy????

Steve N.

Feb 1, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by audioengr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have relabeled all of my .wave files so they play with WMP. And yet, when I accidently double-click on a .wav file in Windows Explorer, the current playlist in Foobar gets deleted and replaced with the one .wav file. Blows away the playlist. Really irritating.

What do I need to do to stop this lunacy????

Steve N.

Go to Preferences->Core->Commandline->check box called "Always send to playlist: Default" Then save all and close/open foobar.

From now on, when you accidentally open a song, the playlist will not get erased but the opened song will be opened in a new playlist called "default."

Foobar is very sensitive to things like crashing. For example, if Foobar crashes wrong majorly, you can lose ALL cofiguration, including all playlists. I highly recommend copying the entire Foobar folder as backup, including config, to a second location somewhere.

Feb 2, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 4
I save playlists as I go...'ctrl-S'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back