HMMM wow.. talking about CRX's..
Apr 7, 2006 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

lewtz

100+ Head-Fier
Interesting stuff.

Quote:

The elusive CRX. First introduced into the states in 1983 as a sport hatchback, the CRX quickly became a dominating force in the Auto-X scene. For an unknown reason, some speculate insurance reasons, Honda decided to discontinue the CRX in favor of the Del-Sol.

Enter 2005. Rumors have been flying on the internet. A possible 2007 CRX? Honda sparked these rumors by hinting that a "suprise car" would be released sometime during the fall 2007 season. They also hinted that it would not be the Honda Fit, or the upcoming Si. The news eventually fizzled out. Rumors dropped and everyone seemed to forget about the "suprise car".

Then, Autoweek announced they had information that Honda would be releasing the CRX in 2007. Autoweek also announced that they had information that the 2007 CRX would be equipped with the 2006 Si drivetrain. That's right, 200hp and a factory LSD.

We have yet to see official photos of the upcoming CRX. Some photos are floating around that are believed to be the CRX but reserve the final judgement till you see the photo

There are some pictures of a civic concept that looks like
07civconceptside7ga.jpg

But also this picture here..
main_5461.jpg

I'm hoping it looks more like the second picture, we will see. I will be first in line for one of these, if they are as fun to drive as the old CRX's.

Wish I could find the old photochop of an insight chopped into a CRX. That was the best looking "concept" CRX I have seen yet. Bottom photo above is a chop of a Civic.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 26
Damn we have a lot of CRX owners on this forum.

Mine's a 90 Si with 195k miles and, like Iron_Dreamer's, it gets 30-32 around town and 35-38 on the highway. I'm about to drop $1k in to it and replace the suspension, tie rods, ball joints, axles, etc. I just don't see myself ever being able to let go of it. 2,100 lbs. and being able to run on regular unleaded is priceless. They just don't make them like this anymore.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #8 of 26
I always liked the CRX.

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
2,100 lbs. They just don't make them like this anymore.

The first CRXs were closer to 1700 lbs.
I'm afraid a 2007 CRX will weigh 2700 lbs.
frown.gif
Hopefully 2300 - 2400.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #9 of 26
Sweet lord that first one is ugly. The second looks better, from that angle, but I'd have to see the front/back to be sure.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #10 of 26
I tell ya, if they make a new CRX.. here is what I would want.
<2000lbs, 2 seater, 250hp, and factory LSD.
$20-25k US or less.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #11 of 26
The second pic of the concept CRX is pretty cool. I remember wanting a CRX Si back in 93 when I needed a car that would serve as my everyday driver. Ended up getting a Prelude in instead.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #12 of 26
I used to have a CRX too and I still have fond memories of that fun little car.
I got my only speeding ticket in it, cop said he had to chase me for several miles before he could catch me. oops
tongue.gif

Accoustics in that car are phenomenal, nice sounds with big subs are a must.
basshead.gif

Nowadays I couldn't drive a car that small, I need a bigger vehicle now that I'm a soccer mom.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig
Accoustics in that car are phenomenal, nice sounds with big subs are a must.
basshead.gif

Agreed, had a few friends back then who had shoe horned 4-15" Rockford Fosgate Competition Series woofers in an enclosure along with Fosgate amps in the back of their CRXs. Body panels and windows would rattle once the volume was cranked up.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #14 of 26
when i think CRX this is what i picture in my mind- the first pic of the silver and blue.
main_5461.jpg

if they could bring that back out but with modern bits, that would be great! i love that old look!

Apr 7, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewtz
I tell ya, if they make a new CRX.. here is what I would want.
<2000lbs, 2 seater, 250hp, and factory LSD.
$20-25k US or less.

You just described a warmed over Lotus Elise for half of the cost... Unlikely to say the least.

I'm guessing it's a chopped down 2 door Fit. The Fit masses 2500 lbs, so it should be possible to get the CRX into the 2200-2300 lb range. Drop in the two Honda RSX engines, at 15k and 18k price points, and Honda would have a pretty good tC competitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back