Hmm.. Which to rebuy... HD650 vs HF2
Apr 4, 2010 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

debitsohn

Headphoneus Supremus
IF u were to consider rebuying a previously owned headphone, which would it be OF THE TWO: HD650 or HF2.

Loved the silkiness of the hd650
Loved the highs and lows of the HF2

sold both only to fund a T1 but i recently got a job and wouldnt mind having two headphones in my collection instead of just one. of the ones i owned, i loved the hd650 and hf2 hands down.

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which one differs more from the T1 in your opinion? I would get the one that is the least similar to T1 for the sake of variety.

Win

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #4 of 12
That probably means HF2 then, no? I haven't heard the T1, but by the reports, it seems like it would do everything the HD650 does, but better. Grados, even though the HF2 is fairly sennheiser-ish for a grado, have that crunchy richness.

Apr 4, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #5 of 12
The only Grado that I've ever listened to was the SR225, which I didn't like at all. That said, if I were you, I'd go with the HF2 here. From what I understand, it might compliment the T1 nicely. Bear in mind, I haven't heard either of those headphones myself. I've only heard the HD650, and I prefer the HD600 to it.

Apr 4, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by argentum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which one differs more from the T1 in your opinion? I would get the one that is the least similar to T1 for the sake of variety.

Good point!

Apr 4, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #7 of 12
that would be the grado then in my opinion.
too bad i needed to sell my hd650 b4 trying it on a better amp. when i had it, the only amp i had was a little dot MKII
anyways, thanks for the input, i was leaning towards the grado but wasnt sure if that would be the right choice.

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That probably means HF2 then, no? I haven't heard the T1, but by the reports, it seems like it would do everything the HD650 does, but better. Grados, even though the HF2 is fairly sennheiser-ish for a grado, have that crunchy richness.

So you're saying that Grados sound like a mouthful of Frosted Flakes?

lolbadjoke

Apr 4, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #9 of 12
I've had both. I sold my HD650. I still have my HF2. I like it the best of the Grados I've owned. Most of the 4500 songs on my iPod are rock, pop, jazz or blues, for which the HF2 is my favorite headphone. It's got that Grado clarity and detail, with wonderful punch and just terrific bass response that is full without being muddy. The 650 is a wonderful headphone, in its own right, but I just never felt involved by its presentation. I prefer the Grado approach and the HF-2 is definitely my favorite Grado.

Apr 5, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3320070 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am wondering why I ever sold my HD650 now that I have them back. They do so much so well.

i totally agree with this. but then again people do say that the T1 does everything well too.... congrats on re-buying the hd650.

seems to me that the reason so many ppl sell their hd650 (of those that liked it) is because they always wondering what else is out there. it does everything well and some things very good. but they may not do anything great. /shrug. if i think about it if i have to consider price, id probably stick with the hd650 for 300 vs the t1 for 1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back