Hmm... UE Super.fi 5 pro just cracked..
Jul 18, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai
Dang it. I swear I picked up my Super.Fi's at the worst time. I JUST got these and now they improved them. **sigh** I wonder if there is a way to send them in for an upgrade?
lambda.gif

I hate to say this but... if you got the old ones that came with the older version cable it's a pretty good chance they will crack and you will need to send them in for R.M.A. So you may get that new set after all. Im awaiting my 3rd set for cracks at the moment.

Jul 22, 2006 at 12:55 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai
LongLong...Would you mind taking a picture of the actual super.fi. Its supposed to have a new metallic finish?

Forgot to get back you on this, here it is.... I think it is a glossy metallic finish. It is a kind of paint, not offense me and not surprise me either. Let me try to get you a macro image in the morning, coz. the source of light is not good at this moment for taking picture.

195327247_800bc4d6c4_o.jpg

Jul 22, 2006 at 2:05 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_guy
The UE person I talked to when I sent back my second pair acknowledged that there had been problems with certain shipments of Superfis in the past...

I can't believe in this small thread there are two people who are on their third pair because of the same problem. This seems to be popping up here more often lately. I guess it is good that they are replacing them. Kind of like disposable IEMs, you wear them until they break and they give you another pair.
confused.gif

Jul 22, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by longlong
Forgot to get back you on this, here it is.... I think it is a glossy metallic finish. It is a kind of paint, not offense me and not surprise me either. Let me try to get you a macro image in the morning, coz. the source of light is not good at this moment for taking picture.

Thanx man. They look good.
smily_headphones1.gif
It looks different with a clear cable.

Jul 24, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #22 of 24
After much delay, I finally gave them a call. They said I should include my reciept of purchase. If I don't have one, would they still exchange? Did you guys have to include your reciepts as well?

Jul 25, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Interesting
After much delay, I finally gave them a call. They said I should include my reciept of purchase. If I don't have one, would they still exchange? Did you guys have to include your reciepts as well?

Well as luck would have it I emailed U.E. about my replacement pair if .5pros since it's been a bout a month. They never recieved them
blink.gif
lost by the USPS I suppose. I was told just send my shipping address to them and they will send out a new set WITHOUT getting the broken ones back (this will be the third set , so I imagine they have the paperwork on file). Really outstanding customer service ! They are back-ordered for now though...

Jul 25, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #24 of 24
I would recommend you to tell them honestly rather to get an improper copy of receipt. Simply ask before you send it out. In case if you can track the purchase day and Receipt # from the shop that would be helpful too.
UE got perfect Customer support. For some reason, I was unable to send the case, tips and the leather case, they still sent me the whole set of SF 5 Pro.

By the way, my photo above was using E2G ear tips rather than the original one. So it is black instead of gray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back