Hmm... UE Super.fi 5 pro just cracked..
Jul 16, 2006 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Interesting

New Head-Fier
I had my super.fi 5 pro for like two weeks (purchased them from a hi-fier). listened to them for around 5 hours. Just now I just had a brief listening session and when I pulled my right earphone from my ear, the casing just cracked open. Is it suppose to be so fragile?

Anyways, I read alot of praises on the UE customer service. I have no idea where to apply for repair.

Can anyone help?

Jul 16, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Interesting
I had my super.fi 5 pro for like two weeks (purchased them from a hi-fier). listened to them for around 5 hours. Just now I just had a brief listening session and when I pulled my right earphone from my ear, the casing just cracked open. Is it suppose to be so fragile?

Anyways, I read alot of praises on the UE customer service. I have no idea where to apply for repair.

Can anyone help?

I'd get their phone number from the link above, and call them directly on monday. They've been awesome for me in the past; you shouldn't have any problems with this.

Jul 17, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #5 of 24
okay, thanks!
These two pics are the best I can do without further breaking the darn thing.

Hmm.. while placing it back gently into the metal case, the thing broke even more. So here are some better pics.

The plastic feels soft. Talk about fragile.

Jul 17, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #7 of 24
Mine cracked either and get replaced unit already, which said to be an upgrade version. looks like the frequency response is now from 20 to 20000 HZ, Originally, it is 20 to 16,000 Hz.
3000smile.gif

191743553_048c891ec4_b.jpg

Jul 17, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 24
I'm on my third pair now. The UE person I talked to when I sent back my second pair acknowledged that there had been problems with certain shipments of Superfis in the past...

UE seemed very willing to send me replacements...plus the rep told me that if this third pair breaks, they would work with Headroom (where I bought the originals) to refund my money.

Jul 17, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #10 of 24
^^^ I don't think so. I am not an expert, but according to what I have read somewhere in internet (supposedly an interview with UE's big boss, as far as I can remember), there is a limitation about 16 kHz as a matter of principle with the armature drivers.

Moreover, do you think they'd implement such a big advancement in the super.fis, and not in the custom IEMs? I doubt it...

Regards,

Alberto

Jul 17, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by longlong
Here you are! The frequency range...

192115336_322077457b_o.jpg

Dang it. I swear I picked up my Super.Fi's at the worst time. I JUST got these and now they improved them. **sigh** I wonder if there is a way to send them in for an upgrade?
lambda.gif

Jul 18, 2006 at 12:44 AM Post #15 of 24
Hi all --

Mike with UE. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. We have just created new packaging and this was an error on our part. The new phones do not push to 20khz. We will get this corrected right away.

Please help me spread the word if you see any confusion on the boards.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back