Hmm.. 2X-S Bass Puny vs. MD-33S!
Mar 15, 2005 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Zoide

Headphoneus Supremus
Just for the heck of it, I got out my MD-33s and listened to some stuff with them...

And the bass is like 10X stronger than on the Sensaphonics 2X-S! Of course, the 2X-S bass has more texture, etc, but the MD-33S bass is overwhelmingly stronger.

Could it be that something's wrong with my 2X-S? Or is it normal for the MD-33S to be bass monsters? I mean, their bass seems stronger than what I remember the bass of even the PS-1s to be at the Feb. 26 meet... I think not even the 770s had this much bass
eek.gif

Mar 15, 2005 at 9:41 AM Post #2 of 4
Come to think of it, I don't know if I'd like the 2X-S to have *that much* bass. I can definitely see myself getting headaches from it. The 2X-S bass is very good, I'd say it has just the right strength. But the MD-33S just go CRASH! BOOM! BAM! It's kind of fun... but maybe *too* strong
biggrin.gif

It's pretty amazing, though, given that my MD-33S no longer really seal my ears, and on the other hand the 2X-S clearly do, being custom molded and all that. I thought that a seal was oh so important for bass.

Mar 15, 2005 at 10:52 AM Post #4 of 4
biggrin.gif

Though from what I've heard, serious camera prices (including lenses, etc) can be *much* higher than that of the average Head-Fi headphone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back