HM901 Wont Update....FIXED!!!
Jan 7, 2015 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Noah99

Moon Audio Ambassador
Last week I purchased the HiFiMan HM901 (used) from an authorized dealer through www.amazon.com
I have been using a 256gb PNY SDXC card flawlessly from the HM901, with only 40gb used.

The Kernel Version is K2.9 and the UI Version is 1.082. Due to the old and sluggish UI, I decided to upgrade to V1.085 V3 from this link: http://hifiman.com/Blog/?cid=2

I tried multiple times and every time it came up with an error message saying "Update Interrupted !"
"Update file not found, press Enter to retry", So I would press the pause/ play button and it would then say "Update Complete !" and the device would slowly shut down. 

I later checked the settings and under "System Version" it still had the OLD 1.082 !!! I have now tried over 5 times with a Fat32 newly formatted 2gb SD Class 6 card (with a default format of Fat). I held down the home button and pulled up on the power switch and it would immediately take me to a screen saying update and recovery mode and so I would let go of the power switch first and then the home button. The next screen follows with the same old "Update Interrupted" screen!!! 

I'm currently on the verge of returning this used device to Amazon and purchasing the AK100 II instead.

Please help me solve this problem as soon as possible, I would truly appreciate it.

P.S. I have not professionally evaluated this device yet as my Sennheiser ie800s which I bought from Best Buy were defective and so they are sending me a replacement
frown.gif
...(should be here soon) 
etysmile.gif

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 3
HiFiMan quickly solved my problem. Thanks a bunch HiFiMan
beyersmile.png

HiFiMans Response Via Email:

"Sorry for the trouble you have incurred. According to our technicians, there may be inappropriate operation in the upgrading process. Please try again

by  following the instuctions below:

Please turn off "Repeat" and "Shuffle" in your player. (You can do this in Setting)
      Select a folder, play the last song in the folder. Please let the song play till it stops by itself. Then turn off the player and update it. 
      Please make sure that you are using FAT32 SD and download the firmware completely. 

See if it works. We are always at your service. Feel free to contact us.

Best regards
     Rubby
     Hifiman customer"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back