HL2 - moving it to a new PC
Dec 27, 2005 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

gsferrari

Member of the Trade: Veda Audio Contributor
Ok I have a new gaming PC and I want to move HL2 off my old PC to the new one. Has anyone done this before? I dont remember what passwords etc. I used the last time I installed the game...heck..I dont even remember if there was a password of any kind
frown.gif

Any advice / steps?

Dec 27, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 13
if you don't want to have to redownload the game again thru steam on the new comp, you can back up the game to dvd. heres how:

1. log in to steam
2. go to the My Games tab
3. right click on Half Life 2 and select "Backup game files..."
4. select which games you want to back up and go through the menus to save it on DVD
smily_headphones1.gif

note: figure out what your steam password is, as you'll need to log in I believe to reinstall it.

Dec 28, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #5 of 13
I am a CS:S veteran...been killed and have killed many a whippersnapper
tongue.gif
I am particularly proficient with the Shotgun and the ...whatsit now... AUG Bullpup?

aug.jpg

Love the game...I got stuck at a certain level in HL2 and then life happened...took me away from the virtual world of HL2
frown.gif

I need to go back there and kick some of those fast zombies in the nuts...
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 28, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
GS>You seem to like FPS?

I haven't got round to installing BF2 yet? But when I do wanna start a headfi team?
rs1smile.gif

Prepare to be OWNED
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL...we should start a clan. the trouble is with the geographic separation and therefore the high ping
frown.gif

Come to USA mikey....this is where it is at
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Prepare to be OWNED
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL...we should start a clan. the trouble is with the geographic separation and therefore the high ping
frown.gif

Come to USA mikey....this is where it is at
wink.gif

high ping? sorry GS I just play the games I leave the technojargon to geeks like you
very_evil_smiley.gif
rs1smile.gif

Dec 29, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
high ping? sorry GS I just play the games I leave the technojargon to geeks like you
very_evil_smiley.gif
rs1smile.gif

What I meant was - the distance between any server here in the USA that we may "lease" and your PC will be large. And usually Large distances = high ping = slow connection.

Does anyone know if online games are UDP? Has to be right? TCP with all the handshakes will slow everything down. Any idea??

Dec 29, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
What I meant was - the distance between any server here in the USA that we may "lease" and your PC will be large. And usually Large distances = high ping = slow connection.

Does anyone know if online games are UDP? Has to be right? TCP with all the handshakes will slow everything down. Any idea??

For steam? UDP 27000 to 27015 and TCP 27020 to 27039.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back