HJE900's, S4, vs Shure 210's
Mar 2, 2010 at 2:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ragz06

New Head-Fier
Had the Shure 210's for a couple of years, really enjoyed em. Loved the fit and isolation, but looking for something new. After much perusing around the great info here, I decided to go with what seem to be 2 very good bang for the buck options--the Panasonic HJE900's and the Klipsch S4's. I've read about both of these individually, but while I am waiting on delivery, I was wondering if any of you more experienced folks have actually heard all 3 of these and have enough opinion to tell me what I can expect in terms of sound quality, differences, etc.. with the 2 new phones I've got on the way vs. my trusty Shure 210's.
Thanks in advance!

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 6
I haven't heard the HJE900 (yet), but I can tell you that if the SE210 is anything like its predecessor you'll go into bass shock listening to pretty much anything else. The shures should have the best isolation.

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 6
i would have suggested a bestbuy for the s4s? 30 day return policy, you like it you keep it, you don't, they take it back. personally they were too dark for my tastes and even after 130+hrs the bass still gave me headaches if i listened to it and my normal levels.

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #5 of 6
thanks for the return info--I actually did order them from bestbuy online--my local store was out. I figured I could get 2 pretty well liked IEM's (HJE900 and S4), for a pretty fair price; if I don't like one or the other, at least now I realize I can return the S4's if I don't like.

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 6
heard all 3

compared the the 210 most things will sound bass heavy, the s4 and hje900 are bass monsters, kick you in the nads kinda bass.

if you were happy with the 210 id suggest look more towards the PL-50 and the RE-0, those other two are just going to kill you with bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back