HJE50 tips for isolation
Apr 23, 2005 at 7:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Lat

New Head-Fier
Well, i've been a head-fi lurker for a couple months now, albeit a poor one.

Read some good feedback about the hje50, finally picked it up.
(needed the canalphones for my bus ride)

Unfortunately, the soft plastic-y tips provided don't provide enough ioslation for me, as my bus rides have a LOT of ambient noise, and the diesel engine sounds are loud.

I think i read somewhere that er-6 tips or something fit on the hje50
Can anybody confirm this?

Would these tips be the best isolating tips i could get for my hje50s? Or...do some foamies or something fit the hje50s? I want the best isolation possible with these hje50s i have already.

Oh, and if i find some tips that fit, what would be the absolute cheapest place i could get them? I really only need one pair, don't particularily want to shell out $10USD + shipping to canada for 5 pairs...

Thanks in advance for your advice

Apr 23, 2005 at 7:57 AM Post #2 of 8
ER-6 tips do indeed work.
They attenuate the highs, though, so you would be behooved to remove the paper filter on the HJE to compensate.

Don't know any individual pair salespeople, sorry.

Apr 23, 2005 at 7:59 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolt San
ER-6 tips do indeed work.
They attenuate the highs, though, so you would be behooved to remove the paper filter on the HJE to compensate.

What's this paper filter you talk of?
Sorry, i'm still relatively a noob here
tongue.gif

edit: and how would i remove it?

Apr 23, 2005 at 8:31 AM Post #4 of 8
I believe what Bolt San is poiinting to is the piece of black filter covering the opening of the transducer tube. You would probably have to use a pin like object to remove. Be sure not to push too in cause the driver is somewhere down there.

Apr 23, 2005 at 1:47 PM Post #6 of 8
i've got hje50s, and i find the isolation not bad. but i havent tried out ety's yet and mostly likely will not. the ear tips seem pretty cheap, bolt san, r u referring to the er6 or er6i ear tips, and do both the foamies and the silicones work with the hje50s? i'm keen to try this mod, but not too keen to remove the filter? so wat u r trying to say is that either the highs will go missing or become unbearable? thanks for the reply.

Apr 24, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX
Ive gotten some good isolation with my HJE50's before. My trick is to try to insert the headphone while pushing on the silver tab in the back.

i do do that...but it still isn't good enough

Apr 24, 2005 at 10:45 PM Post #8 of 8
so i'm wondering, what's the absolute cheapest place i can get a couple er-6 flange tips? i'm pretty poor, and i just want to try it out, so i don't want to dish out the money for too many

and i live in canada...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back