HJE50/MD33 ~~ MX500/450
Feb 15, 2005 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jirou

New Head-Fier
Indeed, another one portable thread. One of these days, one of these manufacturers are going to get a clue and take our complaints to heart (or lackthereof :p)
Anyway, I'm looking for a nice set of portable canalphones. I really like MX450s, but they too loose. I have the KSC75s, but they are too open. So now I'm looking at the Sharp MD33s and the Panasonic HJE50s. I've read up a little on both and the general consensus is that Sharps > Panasonics. If this is true, then do the Sharp own the Panasonics a lot, or are just little step higher. This wouldn't really be a problem if it weren't for the Sharp's idiotic cord extension. And don't suggest the mod using the solder... I can't do any of that, and I'd be too scared to mess it up regardless. The Panasonics seem pretty decent, and I think their cord length seems sane(actually, .5m seems kind of small...), but I still don't really have a clear picture as how they compare to other phones. If they are as good as my MX450s, then I will probably be happy with them...But hopefully they are better :p
So what are your guys' opinions? I've searched here before and it doesn't seem like many people have the Panasonics, but maybe that has changed?

Feb 15, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 4
Panasonic is one of the only brands left that i havent had any problems with. They make some more stylish stuff that sounds good at least. Given their track record i would say that the buds sound better than most other ones but probably not as good as the Sennheisers.

Feb 16, 2005 at 1:02 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by jirou
This wouldn't really be a problem if it weren't for the Sharp's idiotic cord extension

The Panasonics seem pretty decent, and I think their cord length seems sane(actually, .5m seems kind of small...)

first of all without the extension the MD33 cable is 63cm (not much longer than .5m) with the extension it's 1.63m it's not that long (unless of course the numbers on the audiocubes site are wrong)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back