Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Movie
Feb 15, 2005 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Leto Atreides II

500+ Head-Fier
http://filmforce.ign.com/hhgttg/arti.../586626p1.html

First of all, what the hell is with Zaphod? He's supposed to have three arms and two heads!!

And it looks like they took Marvin's "brain the size of a planet" a little too literally.

I'm beginning to think this movie will really suck.

Feb 15, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #2 of 7
I was a bit miffed about Zaphod as well. Marvin definitely doesn't look like as is described, but after thinking a bit, I rather like it. His personality will make or break it, though.

Regardless of how much it may suck, I'm still seeing it. Just have to.

Feb 15, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich

Regardless of how much it may suck, I'm still seeing it. Just have to.

Was there ever any question? I am in too deep. I should have said no thanks to a friend of mine years ago when he offered to lend me his cassettes of a particular quirky British radio show.
tongue.gif

Feb 15, 2005 at 7:00 AM Post #5 of 7
I remember getting the book (Omnibus Edition) for Christmas and thinking "What?!", and leaving it at that. I didn't pick it up 'till a year later or so, and man... it was just so twistedly (for lack of a better term) brilliant, I couldn't stop reading it. I consider it an equal to Monty Python for British humor.

Feb 15, 2005 at 8:48 AM Post #6 of 7
I'm not sure what to think. I know that Martin Freeman is great, I love him in The Office. But, this film goes against a lot of my preconceptions - though it is written (at least in part) by Douglas Adams.

I preferred the Marvin from the TV series. He looked more dull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back