Hit by a drunk...
Jan 3, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One word - yoga. Was a time I thought yoga was silly to the extreme, but no more. This stuff works. See if your local library has the Yoga for Dummies DVDs. Sara Ivanhoe does a marvelous job with the basics and she aint hard on the eyes . . .
tongue_smile.gif
Besides, we aren't all going to be around, whistling and yelling, when you do your first "down dog".
eek.gif

lol...I might have to check in to that. I know years ago when I hurt it originally I went through physical therapy which did nothing, then to a chiropractor and that did little and finally massage therapy which was a Godsend. That was the only thing that gave any relief and pretty much over the course of several months did much to take care of my problems, the pain at least. So if I go to the doctor next week because things are not better, I am definitely going to get him to prescribe massage as part of my treatment. That way my insurance will cover it.

Jan 3, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am definitely going to get him to prescribe massage as part of my treatment. That way my insurance will cover it.

My kind of massage is at the joint with the sign "An Arm. a Leg, and Member of Your Choice - $20".
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol...I might have to check in to that. I know years ago when I hurt it originally I went through physical therapy which did nothing, then to a chiropractor and that did little and finally massage therapy which was a Godsend. That was the only thing that gave any relief and pretty much over the course of several months did much to take care of my problems, the pain at least. So if I go to the doctor next week because things are not better, I am definitely going to get him to prescribe massage as part of my treatment. That way my insurance will cover it.

It wouldn't bother me in the least if a drunk driver killed him/herself. Unfortunately they always seem to injure someone else. My wife injured her neck and back in a traffic accident some years ago and still has some mild lingering effects. Chiropractic helped a bit as did physiotherapy, but massage provided the most pain relief. As well changing from a spring mattress to a good latex (not foam) also helped. She also seemed more comfortable sitting in a recliner (aren't we all) as opposed to a straight back chair. I wish you luck and thanks for making the streets safer for the rest of us.

Jan 3, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
theres no excuse for drink driving

Agree!!!1

That must really sux.
I must say that I respect you and people like you. I hope you recover soon and.. It wasn't your dream new year's eve.. but I wish you the best wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back