Hissing noise issue
Dec 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 14
Do you always hear it, including with other headphones? Does it increase with volume? Is your amp near anything like a wireless phone base, router, computer tower, anything with a motor in it, etc.?

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 14
Step 7: In your Control Panel/Audio Devices, select “Speakers: Schiit USB Interface.” You may also have to select it in the player software you are using in order to get output.

But I can only choose my soundcard and I don't see Schiit USB interface. Do you see this only when you install with usb + software?

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #5 of 14
I'm not really sure what could be causing the hissing, but depending on your media player, you might be able to select the Schiit USB interface within the media player itself. Windows is a pain -- I don't mess with the control panel options, I just send output to my DAC in Foobar.

This might be obvious, but make sure that the Bifrost is plugged in when you try to find it in the drop-down list. I don't know about installation for Bifrost... I had to install drivers for my Concero, but my HRT MS2 was just plug and play IIRC.

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #6 of 14
  I'm not really sure what could be causing the hissing, but depending on your media player, you might be able to select the Schiit USB interface within the media player itself. Windows is a pain -- I don't mess with the control panel options, I just send output to my DAC in Foobar.

This might be obvious, but make sure that the Bifrost is plugged in when you try to find it in the drop-down list. I don't know about installation for Bifrost... I had to install drivers for my Concero, but my HRT MS2 was just plug and play IIRC.

How do you have a DAC in foobar? I'm interested! 

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #7 of 14
Originally Posted by ZokharaFi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you have a DAC in foobar? I'm interested! 

To configure my DAC in Foobar, I go to Library -> Configure -> Playback -> Output. Under Devices, select DS : Speakers (DAC name). 

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #13 of 14
How loud is the hissing, and does it go away with different headphones?

A small amount of background noise is pretty common with amplifiers, but it should be quite low and not affect your listening experience.  Can you hear the hissing over quiet parts of music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back