Hiss is killing my Piano Tracks! (HD800S)
Jan 3, 2018 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Relic123

New Head-Fier
HD800S + valhalla 1 + Modi multibit sounds hella good. However the hissing kills all my piano tracks, like it's really noticeable. Is it just the fact, that the valhalla is a tube amp or could there be other possible culprits, before I run out buying a solid-state amp.

Cheers!

Jan 3, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 6
Is it in the recording itself? If so, there's nothing you can do about it. Test to see if it's your equipment. Pause a song and if its silent it's the recording that has hiss. If it still has audible hiss you may have bad power or bad cables near power. Or just crap equipment.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 6
if its not source its your dac.

Jan 3, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #4 of 6
Is it in the recording itself? If so, there's nothing you can do about it. Test to see if it's your equipment. Pause a song and if its silent it's the recording that has hiss. If it still has audible hiss you may have bad power or bad cables near power. Or just crap equipment.
Tested over multiple tracks, so probably something else than the tracks.

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 6
Tested over multiple tracks, so probably something else than the tracks.

Did you do the Play then Pause test? On my Meier Cantate.2 even with the volume at full with the music paused on any player there is zero noise. On my back up Pangea HP101 noise comes it at around 3:00 on the dial (that would be ear shatteringly loud if music was actually playing so at the level I use it at there's no noise). Still using the stock Shuguang tube on it but I'll get around to putting in a Mullard next month.

If you want to try a different amplifier maybe try the Meier Jazz FF; if amplifier and DAC, try Violectric with the DAC modules, or the Meier Classic FF and DACcord FF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back